Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
C.m.f.S.
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've read on here from time to time but never had a reason to post until now. I just picked up a golf so I'll have some fun playing with that. Oh, and you "Rally U" guys have nothing on those of us that grew up in Houghton :p

Here's the car:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hello Carl,

Looks like your another good candidate for Group 222/GpF.;)

Your gonna love that Golf!

Rich Smith

Vive le "Pro-le-Ralliate"

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts
Hi,
this is a little off topic, but,... edit your webpage about your German quote.
It should say "Die Fliegende Legion" (the flying legion) not "Die Fliegen Legion" (the fly legion). The Insect Legion isn't to your approval I'd think.
Sorry, just thought you'd like to know.

Whiplash RallyeSport

·
C.m.f.S.
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it looks about right for july. Actually its been way warm, thats why I was able to wash the car. Kinda weird.

Thanks for the german lesson. Crap...we made up little window stickers and everything too. Oh well, maybe the fly legion goes a little better with the theme of our retarded "team". Its all just a joke anyways. Flies fly, so if we're flies we're still flying.

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,633 Posts
>Hi,
>this is a little off topic, but,... edit your webpage about
>your German quote.
>It should say "Die Fliegende Legion" (the flying legion) not
>"Die Fliegen Legion" (the fly legion). The Insect Legion
>isn't to your approval I'd think.
>Sorry, just thought you'd like to know.
>
>Whiplash RallyeSport

What about "Der Fliegender Zircus"?

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Some fun fly facts:

A dragonfly can fly 25 miles per hour.
The average house fly lives only two weeks.
The mayfly lives for less than a day--a shorter lifespan than any other creature.

Doesn't bode well for that car. }> j/k. :)

·
C.m.f.S.
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well actually the car has been around for a long time. Its been a rally car since it was bought new in 88. It has won the national P class championship like 3 times or something. I think Karl Sheibel also drove the car at one point. And I've got the lucky hood, so nothings going to happen to the car. x( <---This little guy needs to go take a dump.

[a href="http://myweb.nmu.edu/~cseidel"]Die Fliegen Legion[/a] bzzzzzzzzz

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Ancestry

So, who owned this car previously?

Have I sat in it?

press on,

·
C.m.f.S.
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RE: Ancestry

Well heres what I know.

Owners before me were the Boullion Brothers.
Before them is was Ed Torre
Before him it was Brian Vinson (who won the 2000 Production Champ. with it)
In 1991 it won the Woodner Cup driven by Cal Landau
I've been told it won the Production class champ another time too, and that Karl Sheibel drove it somewhere along the line. I figure you guys might be able to fill in more gaps than I can.

So have you sat in it?

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts

No, but I ran against Cal, I was with Guy Light, or Mark Molnar.

If you go through the log book(s), you can see who signed for each event and get an idea of who has been in it. How many rallies has it done? Was Calvin the first owner?

>
>So have you sat in it?
>

press on,

·
Registered
32 Posts
Way to go Carl!

But, I am torn... now I'm down a crew member for LSPR and Sno-Drift.

The bus will be coming by your door on the way to Ojibwe. Should I stop to pick you up? Let me know, I can bring the trailer too.

Thanks and see you in the woods.

Kevin
#573 and a little broken at the moment

·
Flat over crest
303 Posts
That must have been the Domino's (sp) car. I think Al "K" had it for a short time. And I know that Aaron Conner owned it for a few years. Aaron never used in Pro Rally but he did use it for some TSDs in Michigan (including POR, IIRC).

Last time I saw it was at Moonlight Monte? (Detroit Region TSD rally) last year (or was it two years ago?). It was rather funny seeing the crew wearing helmets during a TSD rally. (Boullion Bros.)

It has quite a history. It would be interesting to see a timeline...

Scott
www.teamharco.com
Team Harco Motorsports
"Win on Sunday, Sleep on Monday"

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
Good goin Carl! Hope to see ya on the stages soon-

Sorry bout the wife not letting me sell ya Rocky...

Rock & Roll ma GTI brotheren...

:)

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

·
Registered
239 Posts
Nice to see the old "Pizza Wagon" still around! Whenver you want to sell it...let me know!

Russ (Friend of Cal, fellow Golf rally-er)

·
C.m.f.S.
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah! Its the old Dominos car, I forgot to mention that. It came with an extra hood with the Noid on it. Wicked.

Kevin,
That would be way too cool if you hooked me up with trailerage to Ojibwe. Hopefully I'll have my affairs in order by then and its a possibility. I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Dan,
I'll have to take you for a ride some time.

John,
Now we can have a good old fashioned GTI vs GTI throwdown in the dirt :eek: Or just share spares :p

·
Registered
26 Posts

I never drove that car. I owned a dark blue G2 GTI that I had Guy Light build new for me. I sold it after 8 events back in 1992 (I think). When I resurfaced to run the Beetle in '99, It was not built by Sno*Drift so I ended up renting Pete Pollard's GTi, which kind of looks like the one in the photo. Pete's car is still up in Canada I think. It would be a miracle if that car ras still running. I was amazed that it finished the event I rented it for. It was held together by tape, cords, and bailing wire ;)

Karl Scheible

1 - 20 of 27 Posts