Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greg:

After reading your very elocuent posts in this forum before, I was wondering why your team left the sport, without as much as saying good bye.

Tony Chavez

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Wild guess but maybe because they want to pursue a competitive career in Touring Car Racing with The Major behind the wheel thus providing more exposure to those who watch Speed which doesn't have a US Rally coverage anymore.

How would I know, it's just a wild guess.

Cheers

M.Samli

·
Registered
69 Posts
Tony

I would never leave without an explanation and an official release. As noted above, the explanation is well documented on this forum.

M

As for our future plans I know for a fact that Andy would never let me behind the wheel of anything he builds so you can immediately discount any theory that has me as the driver. Nice wild guess.. You should know never to believe everything your driver tells you!

Greg

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Hi Major,

So would it be safe to assume that some one else will be the driver of the Touring Car Program ?

BTW I don't have a driver so I don't know who you were referring to.

Cheers

M.Samli

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmm,

I am yet to receive an offer to codrive for 2004, strange very strange. Maybe someone has an evil plan to strap me back in a codriver's seat. Please send me an email ([email protected]) and let me know who I'm supposed to be expecting a call from, now I'm curious.

So please don't keep us guessing and, if you can, if it's not confidential, tell us a bit about the Touring Car Program.

Cheer

M.Samli

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Greg:

I obviously missed the long thread about the 2004 TV package, where you explained, at different times, the AFR decision to leave rally.

I hope your military commission is up soon, and one of the car manufacturers offers you a job running their PR program, they can learn a thing or two about PR from the way you handled matters.

Good luck to your team in the future, I also wish that you remain a rally fan. You never know, you and the sport may cross paths again.

Tony Chavez

·
Registered
69 Posts
Tony

Thanks for the kind words. Actually my commitment is up at the end of this year. Since I didn't receive any high dollar offers to run Ferrari or anything like that it looks like I will sign up for another tour which will take me to retirement.

I would like to stay involved in rally in some way even if the AFR team isn't involved. Maybe I will find something that fits me. Regardless, I will always be a fan.

Greg

M

We are planning some announcements for the near future so stay tuned and you will find out what you want to know.

Greg

·
Registered
724 Posts
\Now I resent the accusations, Sagsert you know that I am not the source of said information leak. You should be expecting a call from a pub in England to come and pick up some annoying Americans:p

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
It's not fair, I'm working here and you guys are drinking ?

Get back to work and don't get yourselves in trouble, I may not be able to rescue you from the Bobbies. Try to find me the Swedish....... never mind. Have fun boys.

Cheers

M.Samli

·
Registered
119 Posts
>It's not fair, I'm working here and you guys are drinking ?
>
>Get back to work and don't get yourselves in trouble, I may
>not be able to rescue you from the Bobbies. Try to find me
>the Swedish....... never mind. Have fun boys.
>
>Cheers
>
>M.Samli

Ahhh, but they are working! I expect they'll be coming back with all kinds of rally car goodies.

Abel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts