Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
A very well run -- first run! --- event.

Jimmy and the organizers really did a lot of homework to get it right and did a very good job.

A fun event!

Mike

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
I got a couple. As soon as I get them up, I'll let you know.

Kent Gardam

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'll add my kudos to the organizers as well from the spectators standpoint. Very well run and great for watching for those who do not have the resources to run our own car!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Pictures? You want pictures?

I got yer pictures right here.
<http://www.specialstage.com/forum/cgi-bin/DCForumID30/568.html>

And yes, rookie-chairman-no-more Mr Brandt, sir, I made it home in time to be at work at 4 PM Sunday afternoon...

Told ya I'd make it...:p

·
Flat over crest
303 Posts
>Would like to see pics of the Alfa Milano. I wonder if it's
>the one we had in the On A Limb Racing garage? Haven't seen
>or heard of it since we got rid of it. What a basketcase
>that car was!
>
>Pete

Yep - same one. It had traces of the onalimb.com sticker in the rear quarter windows. We could hear the cars suspension (or maybe it's the 'uni-body') squeeking at every bump in the road. It's cool to see something different on the stages though. Olson's 911 and Hurst's Mustang were very cool. Cutler was flying in that old RX7 too. I think the count is up to about 58 (or so) rallies on that car!

There is no truth to the rumor that I will be converting my 944 to rally anytime soon. There is a definite ground clearance issue as it stands currently.

Scott
www.teamharco.com
Team Harco Motorsports
"Win on Sunday, Sleep on Monday"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow, what a great event. The organizers/workers did a fantastic job. Roads were good, but dusty, service worked out very well, scoring was efficient and the accomadations were of the best that we have used at any recent event. I say a must do for next year.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
CFR was a well run and fun event.

Two thumbs up from Rob & I .

Is it true that one team was issued an exploding route book?.;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'll add one more set of pictures, these are all from SS1 & SS4 - I ran out of light by SS5 & SS9 so those didn't turn out so well.

http://home.netcom.com/~geofj/

Edited because I first posted the web page late at night and wasn't paying attention. The photos are from SS1 and SS4 not SS2. The car id's have been updated as well.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
>Sorry that these pics aren't the best. I tried to get
>everyone as they came through the spectator area on Stage 8.
> Enjoy:)
>
Just to give you an idea if you weren't there...those pictures were taken from the spectator area at the exit of a hairpin right. You CAN put spectators in a safe place where they can see something. Classic Mike Hurst oversteer...and a Fiesta so fast she got out of the frame :)

And the event was so well run, both stewards were hanging out at the spectator area...

Bruce

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
The unidentified Talon is #580 Bodnar and Bodnar. The other car you have unidentified as a Subaru is (I'm pretty sure) the #613 Audi of Askin and Smith.

Kent Gardam

·
'is the engine bogging?'
429 Posts
I have to agree with everyone - a great event!

Fast roads (OK, a little dusty), well organized, fun!

Thanx to all the workers that made it work!

Rob Bohn
(co-driver for Mike Hurst in the torque-monster)

·
Marketing through Motorsports
1,385 Posts
Gloves?

Even codrivers? }>

Actually, I prefer wearing gloves, but it's trickier now with more page turning (stage notes). Maybe now that I'm using the Arne method of folding dog ears I can go back to gloves again.

Bummer about the finger.... hope you heal up quick.

[hr]
Edit: anatomy and grammar

[p align=right]John Dillon
John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Well young Jimmy B and friends, looks like you've just got yourselves a load of new friends! Glad to hear that everything went well. You'll have to do something about that dust though! No volunteers for the water truck! Well done all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow great pics!! Jon do you mind if I use one of your pics on a shirt? I have to add my two cents and say that was one of the most well run rallies I have done......... all 3 of them that is

Greg Askin
#613 Audi (inhale) 80/90/5000/4000 Turbo Quattro rally car

"A road racer sees one corner one thousand times,
a rally racer sees one thousand corners one time"
-Jon Buffum-

·
Registered
274 Posts
Great event! Not the best first stage for my first drive (REAL fast), but I wanted to run it again without the dust later too see how much time I could pick up. I'd guess about 30-45seconds.

Great time, good people, smooth running event! Thanks to all the workers, organizers and the people in Cadillac who got to stare at us ;)

Ed

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.