Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
Ralph Shaheen (everybody's favorite WRC announcer) just reported on Windtunnel that he spoke with Nicki Grist earlier today and that Nicki was the co-driver for Colin's test with Skoda and that the two of them are in talks with Skoda about teaming up in a car next year.

How much fun would it be to have Colin and the Welsh Wizard back together again? It just might make the WRC interesting again.

Kent Gardam

·
Registered
342 Posts
Ahh man! I read the article on rally-live and i came here imidiately to post it but someone beat me to it.

I would love to see colin racing again. there is a huge lack of character in the WRC right now and colin would help return some spice to it. Watching the WRC right now is like watching monday night football when niether of the teams are of interest. Lets cross our fingers!

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
Citroen might as well make an attempt to go back after him too.

Loosing Sainz will be a blow, and there is no driver available that will bring as many fans with him as McRae right now. And its not like Citroen doesn't believe in spending the money.....

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Oh great, just what rally needs... the return of a helmet throwing, car kicking, diaper rashed representative for rally.

It will improve TV ratings. That is all that matters to many these days.

How depressing.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
after seeing him on the dakar coverage and at le mans i think the tantrums may be gone. he got a huge dose of humility in those events. i think taking this year off may have been one of the best things he could have ever done for his career.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
>after seeing him on the dakar coverage and at le mans i
>think the tantrums may be gone. he got a huge dose of
>humility in those events. i think taking this year off may
>have been one of the best things he could have ever done for
>his career.

That would be good.

I don't know anything about Carlos personally, but at least what I saw of him on camera he was composed and professional. Hopefully Colin can do well and behave too.

·
Registered
768 Posts
- His days as a top driver are over. When Loeb beat him he lost self confidance.
- He's testing Skoda for his young protege, currently in Junior WRC
- Colin did very well in rare cars and may win Dakar one day but WRC is way more intense now days. It's for young, quick brains.

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
Its a younger game now but what happens when all the fancy diffs go away and its about sliding cars again?

Colin is slightly outclassed for a drivers championship. But I don't think anyone can truly beleive that he wouldn't be capable of pushing and surprising people.

Besides whats going to happen when all the young uns have spent half of their career in active diff cars and the active diffs go away?

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
<<< Besides whats going to happen when all the young uns have spent half of their career in active diff cars and the active diffs go away? >>>

Maybe we'll see some real rallying again? If all these young'uns are that good, they'll quickly adapt.

Can't see me in your mirrors?
I must be in front of you!

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
>>after seeing him on the dakar coverage and at le mans i
>>think the tantrums may be gone. he got a huge dose of
>>humility in those events. i think taking this year off may
>>have been one of the best things he could have ever done for
>>his career.
>
>
>That would be good.
>
>I don't know anything about Carlos personally, but at least
>what I saw of him on camera he was composed and
>professional. Hopefully Colin can do well and behave too.

carlos is one of the most beloved sports figures in spain.

i waited on a family from spain once. decided to ask if the knew about carlos. boy did they ever. even though they were not rally people.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
>after seeing him on the dakar coverage and at le mans i
>think the tantrums may be gone. he got a huge dose of
>humility in those events.

I think Tina Thorner's no BS style of co-driving might have helped the reform.

She would have torn him a new one if he let out a hissy fit in Dakar.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
>I don't know anything about Carlos personally, but at least
>what I saw of him on camera he was composed and
>professional. Hopefully Colin can do well and behave too.

what about carlos smashing out the rear window of his wrecked corolla at rally GB?

although, i would have done the same in his case.

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
>
>what about carlos smashing out the rear window of his
>wrecked corolla at rally GB?
>
>although, i would have done the same in his case.

That was Moya. Carlos, visibly on the verge of tears, kept his composure none the less. His new job should be the guy with his finger on the nuclear button at NORAD, cuz he's the coolest, most unflappable guy in the world.

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
<<< watching monday night football >>>

Who the hell watches that?

Can't see me in your mirrors?
I must be in front of you!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts