Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was shooting the Tidd splash from 10 feet up in a Red Maple and many thanks to the beavers for building the dam. And thanks to all the drivers who hit the water fast. Maybe someone can trap a few of those beavers and move them to STPR.

·
Rally, Win, Drink Beer
895 Posts
Awesome! We (car 38) can't wait to see the pictures. Hopefully someone got us flying on Goose Pond in too...

·
Snapadelphia
77 Posts
I'm excited to see those too. I have a cabin close by and that section is common for flooding and makes for a cool driving experience even for a commute.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Memorable indeed, just wanted to say I had a great time hanging out with all the guys that crashed with us, thanks for making things interesting LOL. Come on in, its not like we're going to murder you LOL.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Cool cabin, great bunch of guys, late into the night, and a really weird neighbor. Too bad he didn't want to join in...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Haha! Can't stray from protocol! Thanks again everyone! I had a great time, and hopefully next year the car will have real numbers on it :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
While splashes and jumps are of interest to kids reading Car & Driver, the seasoned rally spectators, including rally drivers, read "my" magazine, Grassroots Motorsports. These seasoned rally spectators and enthusiasts are more interested in the technical aspects of the stages. I tried to collect images that show technical aspect at Goose Pond back but may have failed. Was the objective to collect an image thay shows the reader what driving the stage is like? Some mixture of car and road is indicated. I got road with rear of car out at end. Maybe next time shoot out over the car?
Barry Sommers
Freelance Motorsports Photographer for
Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

·
Registered
244 Posts
While splashes and jumps are of interest to kids reading Car & Driver, the seasoned rally spectators, including rally drivers, read "my" magazine, Grassroots Motorsports. These seasoned rally spectators and enthusiasts are more interested in the technical aspects of the stages. I tried to collect images that show technical aspect at Goose Pond back but may have failed. Was the objective to collect an image thay shows the reader what driving the stage is like? Some mixture of car and road is indicated. I got road with rear of car out at end. Maybe next time shoot out over the car?
Barry Sommers

As a seasoned rally rider and navigator I enjoy seeing the pictures of the jumps and the splashes of our vehicles in action....plus they make great media for sponsorship packages and posters for generating interest.

·
Rally, Win, Drink Beer
895 Posts
Barry Sommers
Can't we have both?!?! ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Any other image requests? Got #38, the white rally truck and Tony's Italian Cuisine so far. I need # and driving light configuration. No telling what cars are in the cool artistic night tail light splash shots. Personal use copy rights are included. Sorry i am not certified to attach here.

Barry
[email protected]

Some pics: http://twitpic.com/2r0kl6

·
Registered
15 Posts
car #24
white/yellow subaru with big blue circle logo on the side.

3 big hellas across the front.

rob @ lastditchracing .net

thanks!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts