Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 thoughts for ALL organizers to consider for ALL rallies regardless of past entries, to help eliminate this problem.
#1. Graduated entry fee to encourage early entry. I'm sure there were guys just waiting to show up because there was no financial penalty if you drove in Friday and entered.

#2. Have a refund policy and state it publicly on the entry form. I know many organizers will give back your entire entry fee if you cancel 1 week ahead of the event, and most of it if you cancel before the start. But how many publicize it, particularily for club events.

I'm not saying either of these would have made the difference here, but it couldn't have hurt. I got an e-mail Wednesday from Rallybrat indicating "his driver" for BRS and I e-mailed him back saying he's not listed on the entry list, he better make some quick phone calls. How many others were there?

·
Big Jump 800
716 Posts
Very sorry!

I'm very sorry to hear the event's cancelled.

I'll add to the organizer suggestion... along the lines of what John Forespring did at Wild West this year... base the entry fee on a minimum and rebate when the number of entries exceeds it.

It'll look painful to competitors, but that's the economics of the deal... the competitors are the consumers (not quite the same as customers) so they need to understand the cost of doing business.

NOBODY thinks organizers should be forced to lose money on a rally... especially a ClubRally!

J.B. Niday
www.nidayrallysport.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts