Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, it's depressing enuff sittin' home here missing the action up in Maine for the 1st time in many years, but sure seems they are having a tough time at it trying to get much info out from the woods up there in western Maine x( Nothing, nada, nunca, on SpecialStage here and other attempts to get info out is proving quite mysterious. Has anybody got some news scoops after the first day is done ? Rally-America seems to be trying pretty darn hard but it's going woefully slow, and I am sure it is not for a lack of trying ! Anything ? Anyone ? Bueller ?

Barry Wargula

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Yep... 1AM EST now... any word yet? Anybody with a computer out there in Maine? www.rally-america.com hasn't changed any info at all except that the storms were bad at Parc Expose and that getting a signal is tough. Are the storms THAT bad? Does anyone know if Jean-Georges(sp?) is doing updates to his scoring site and if so what is his website address?

Thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We got news !

The MFR site ( www.maineforestrally.com )has posted results after day1,stage 4 of the 10 :) :) Looks like Diggins has won 3 of the 1st 4 stages...with the top 10 being Diggins, O'Sullivan, Choiniere, Burke, McGeer, O'Neil, Lawless, Reynolds, Mitchell, and Kemp. Some notables ... Utecht shown in 53rd :-( and Lagemann 54th :-( Can't wait to hear some of the particulars of day 1 ! Now I can rest more peacefully ... goodnite !

Barry Wargula

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Thanks much.... WOW! It looks like both Ramana and Utecht lost a bunch of time on SS3 (flats likely???) and then were back in action on SS4, but at a slightly slower pace than before.

Jerry

·
which left?
1,621 Posts
>There is 1 hour delay because of an spectator accident.
>We should receive times card at the service entrance soon...
>Jean-Georges ;)

To hopefully shortcut others having the heart attack I nearly had upon reading this, the latest news is that there was a spectator car on fire, blocking transit. Not an accident involving a competitor and a spectator.

-Mark Holden

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
>>There is 1 hour delay because of an spectator accident.
>>We should receive times card at the service entrance soon...
>>Jean-Georges ;)
>
>To hopefully shortcut others having the heart attack I
>nearly had upon reading this, the latest news is that there
>was a spectator car on fire, blocking transit. Not an
>accident involving a competitor and a spectator.
>
>-Mark Holden

Thank you Mark! I really shouldn't sit down in front of the computer to multi-task lunch and results perusal ... I about needed some Heimlich help when I read that spectator comment ...

Phew!

Thanks for the updates Jean Georges! Keep 'em coming!

Halley ...
Owner/Driver ProRally #86 - world's first New Beetle Rally Car
RealAutoSport, LLC
http://www.realautosport.com

·
Registered
907 Posts
This is the best rally score reporting I have seen on any US event, might not be exactly live but it is very nice.

Keep up the great work.

-george

·
3,979 Posts
Some interesting names NOT showing up in the latest results today:

Pilon
Havas
Havir
EDIT - Lahm, NOT. He has shown up on SSS7, Sorry 'bout dat.
EDIT - Vinson, NOT. He too has shown up on SSS7, Sorry 'bout dat.
EDIT - Green, NOT. He too has shown up on SSS7, Sorry 'bout dat.

And, for whatever it's worth, Maciukevicius' #81 IS finding the controls in proper sequence so far.

Halley ...
RealAutoSport, LLC

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Wow!!! On SS7 McGeer started to turn up the wick. Looks like a good battle for second between O'Sullivan and Thumper. Seamus only took 14th fastest time on SS7... bummer... At least he's still in fifth. The Yonkers bunch has 7 of the positions 8 through 15 in their Open class cars. Niiiiiiice!!!!! Looks like Shane Mitchell went out on SS5 :-( . Nice battle for the Group 2 win between Matt Johnson, Bill Bacon and Lurch as well. Lotsa time swapping going on there.

Jerry

·
R2- 50...WAIT! Make a left!
258 Posts
Oui...Tres bien :)

J'erspérais toute de les rallies/cours prévu ce beaucoup informations...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kudos Jean-Georges ... another awesome job of reporting the results. Extremely professional and "WRC" like with each stage and overall positioning. Format and info very well done, as usual ! Seems like it was rather frustrating with the phones, cell coverage, satellite, weather, getting the results from the stages, et al. Well worth the wait :) Now, to get some stories, reports, and inside scoops on some of the particulars :9 Congrats to all those involved up in Maine this weekend !

Barry Wargula

·
3,979 Posts
>Official since 10:05 pm.
>Hope you enjoyed the informations.
>Jean-Georges

You bet! Many thanks to RallyScoring.com, Jean-Georges Marcotte and the Maine Forest Rally staff for supplying timely coverage.

Halley ...
RealAutoSport, LLC

1 - 20 of 28 Posts