Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Results should be appearing shortly.

http://mlrc.ca/blackbear/results2004/

The Jamacian entry could make this one interesting. Richard Rerrie has a bunch of wins in Jamacia. Will see if he can challenge Thomson for the win and how much Peter will risk with Baie just next week.
Go Peter & Rod.

·
Registered
555 Posts
A great event! I had a blast as this was my first time doing car 00. The Jamaicans were very fast and had a huge smile on the whole time! Congrats to all the seed 6 driver who finished as well as Jake/silas Himes for a great run!!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Another well-run SBBR, despite the brief entry list it was still a good show to watch (Despite the bugs, but this year I came prepared). A whack of photos will follow, despite morbid lighting in the woods...ohhh, and some short clips as well. Those guys in the ex-Mcgeer car were cookin'!

·
Registered
532 Posts
>Heavy roll but both Joan and B. Gilles are fine.

They went by the Spectator point in the back of sweep, both fine.

Launched off a rock (like Roger Moore in the AMC!!) and ended up rolling. I think they blocked the road for a while. Both front fenders, hood, roof and glass looked done.

Going to be a pile of work to get to Baie!

Dave C

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
WOW!!!

That road scared the crap out of me. I had no idea how technical that was going to be. That was awesome. We are thinking pretty hard about Tall Pines and are in the process of rounding up a posse of Yoopers teams to bring with. O Canada!!! We are selling it hard.

Anyone know of a good hot Sauna near Tall Pines?? That tends to bring the Finns and Hungarians.

We were behind the Jamaican team on the road. They looked like they were fun to watch. Quite nice guys too.

Joan - I do not know you but I am VERY impressed.

My brother said on the way back that it felt like we went on vacation. We all agreed. That's quite a compliment to the organization.

We have some TERRIFIC in-car from the last pass. I am trying to find a way to post a link.

Thanks to all

·
Registered
665 Posts
Himes 2WD record?

You guys were fast...

I just had a quick look at the archives of the modern incarnation of the Black Bear - no 2WD car had broken into the 9's until your 9:57 on Saturday. Not bad for stock ratios, brakes and engine internals. (I haven't looked at the older incarnation, which was a multiple stage rally that included Sherbourne Lk Rd) If I'm wrong on any of this someone will correct me.

The stage record appears to have been owned by Nick Robinson in his G2 Civic (10:08 in 2001) until both you and Warren Heywood (10:06) broke it Saturday.

I think Richard Rerrie probably holds the 4WD stage record with a 9:02 - so close to breaking into the 8's - which Thomson nearly did in 2002 with a 9:04.

It was good meeting you guys - hope to see you at Pines.

Robin
(thinking he should've stuck with *his* Nissan...)

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
RE: SERs rock

Neat. I remember watching those Robinson's. Others were driving, they were racing.

I think that the SER Nissans are among the best starter cars. Mine was built in 1992, I bought it and started driving about 18 months ago. The car has had only one mechanical DNF in it's lifetime.

I have DNF it twice by rolling. Silas, my brother and navigator and big cheif put a new roof and front top on it a couple of weeks ago. It looks pretty enough that I want to keep it that way.

If anyone out there is building a production rallycar I would strongly suggest a Sentra or NX2000. Put a cage, skid plates, raise the ride height, go pound it and never it never breaks. It will be competitive on every surface. It's the most complete 2wd car out there out of the box, IMHO.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well as Alain introduced me I guess I should officially join this forum... have been a lurker for quite some time, but never had the nerve to sign-up and say anything, as I was just a rally fan...

Blackbear was my first performance rally... and a blast... thanks to everyone who organized it, and everyone who helped us out along the way!

Being quite a newbie... I probably won't have much to say here... continue to listen and learn...

Great sport and I hope to spend quite some time at it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts