Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Slid'n around 'n havin a ball
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SS has the best typists out there!
Matt Kennedy and then "Mad" Mike got their e-mails on Speed's Windtunnel last night.
Was it because their spelling and punctuation didn't have to be edited and cleaned up?
Good going you two.
rz

·
Slid'n around 'n havin a ball
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE: Subject?

Matt responded to a ? about ice racing that Dave had answered, "go to Europe/Scandia". Matt reminded/told about the Sherbroke, PQ races. Dave said he was thinking bikes when he gave his ans. but then gave the website for the Quebec race.
---
Mike gave his opinion about "bump and run" as a passing technique and then mentioned blocking too.
Dave liked that Mike had a nickname and that flowed in with a previous caller and topic.
---
Neither was rally related but we were not embarrased by them in the least - each were accepted without negative comment which is a feat in and of itself. Having survived a video clip of a crazy race on windtunnel myself, I think we are doing a lot better than most communities. Unless I missed something.
rz

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
Thanks for noticing ...

Thanks for noticing Randy! I seem to be batting 500 on Wind Tunnel - I've sent four letters and two of them have been read on the telecast. The latest one was at the top of show! They have, however, edited things for brevity ... just for the record, here's what I sent yesterday afternoon:

Dave,

You know what? If you take a step back, watch the latest pit road melee, study the team owner's recent post-race rants, filter out whether comments are coming from one's favorite or most hated stock car driver, listen to explanations of both innocence and blame, and then take in all the other vitriol you'd swear that professional wrestling choreographers were orchestrating the recent rash of sensational NASCAR storylines. What's next, folding chairs sailing across pit road? Looking at NASCAR with such an attitude you'll understand why I'm of the opinion that contact entered into with the intention of improving one's position is, and always has been, a cheap ass way to win a race. The 'chrome horn' sucks for two very good reasons; 1 - contact is not very sportsmanlike and 2 - contact introduces a whole realm of variables to a situation where freakin' everybody is already flirting with the ragged edge of the variables within their control. Find a clean way by your competition or have the balls to accept that you weren't the best that day.

Now when do we get to comment on blocking?!?

M. E. "Mad Mike" Halley
Long-time rallyist, road racer, flag & comm worker, car/truck builder, organizer, steward, instructor, mentor and autosport/adrenaline junkie.
www.realautosport.com

and they chose to read the part from "I'm of the opinion ..." left out the word "freakin" and the signature stuff.

But the stuff read on WT that I'm most proud of is this:

I feel like apologizing for fellow countryman, D. E., Jr.?s recorded Rolex comment claiming he didn't know what a Kiwi was. Anyone who likes to party as much as reports indicate Junior does should do himself a favour, search out some New Zealanders and straighten out that bit of ignorance straight away!

Halley ...
ProRally #86
http://www.realautosport.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts