Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Sooo...riddle me this, anyone know why BFG "a former sponcer" pulled out of ProRALLY?

I know why and it may surprise you but not if you realy think about it. Yes I really do know the answer from the horse's mouth so to speak.

David

·
Registered
777 Posts
and they didn't really jump into WRC. Michelin just switched the name on the side to BFG. Some sort of brand recognition thing they're going after. BFG off road and Mich. for road racing.

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>Sooo...riddle me this, anyone know why BFG "a former sponcer"
>pulled out of ProRALLY?
>
>I know why and it may surprise you but not if you realy think
>about it. Yes I really do know the answer from the horse's
>mouth so to speak.
>

Does it really matter why, considering it happened, what, almost 20 years ago? BFG is now a marketing arm of Michelin. As noted, the change at the WRC level is a marketing exercise (as is most corporate sponsorship or involvement).

Adrian

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
I'd like to know, even if I was still playing with He-man and GI Joe toys at the time. Learn from the past kind of curiousity.

·
Dirt surfer
1,367 Posts
At Corona Rally Mex, we were checking out the BFG tires and pits quite closely. From what we saw (and felt) on the cars, the tires are basically Michelins with new BFG stickers. Tread patterns resembled the familiar Mich ZA/ZE type. Their tire mounting machines still said "Michelin WRC" on the sides. The mousse machine was awesome, it stuffed a gooey rubber donut inside the super stiff gravel tire carcass slick as snot, literally. The super-busy BFG tire crews were tolerant with us taking lots of pics and video, will have some of that avail on our website eventually. Oooh, and the piles and piles of brand new Speedlines and OZs and Ford wheels and such...mmmmm, yummy.

Things were a bit different at the adjacent Pirelli pits. I showed up with my trusty Sony, and suddenly the techs were running out scowling and waving their arms and yelling in heavily accented Italofrancospanglais, "No camer-uh, nocamera, NO CAMERA!" Like we were gonna steal their ideas or something?! So who knows what they had going on.

Dave G
Tire Espionage Agent #778
www.lastditchracing.net

"...Embrace loose gravel, beware big trees..."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.