Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That may happen, I'll let you know.
I am trying to avoid wear and tear on my car and a plane ticket would be paid for
Thanks for the offer.

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Leave the flying to me

I could be doing the drive from and to DC if you want to hitch a ride. There is really no where to fly into near New Richmond.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the offers. perhaps I will catch a ride and P/U a rental once I am there. I am possibly moving to a place where I will need to drive a lot more and need this car to last a while, so would rather spare the mileage where I can. On the other hand it could be a fun drive up there.
See you at STPR

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>Is there an airport?

You can fly into Gaspe (YGP) with Air Canada, but you would still need a rental car from there - and the last person I know who did that spent the night on Isle de la Madeleine because Gaspe was fogged in...

The other option would be Quebec City (YQB).

Adrian

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
>And when you get to the end of I-95 keep going another 4
>hours. Then take a right
>
>-Tim

That actually sounds better than I was expecting, how much further is it than Charlevoix?

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>>And when you get to the end of I-95 keep going another 4
>>hours. Then take a right
>>
>>-Tim
>
>
>That actually sounds better than I was expecting, how much
>further is it than Charlevoix?

At a guess (from my map book) its about 175 miles further to get to Baie (starting from Boston). It seems to be about 625 miles compared to about 450 to Charlevoix.

The obvious route (I-95 to Houlton, 2 to St Leonard, 17 to Campebellton, 132 to New Richmond) is probably the best. When I was going out with the Latreilles we would go through St Leonard and Campbellton (having come down through Edmunston).

Adrian

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, I only looked at the little map they have on the website (dealing with STPR and Pikes Peak first)and it looked way up there, but that does not sound so bad.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts