Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the WRC organizers from around the world got together for a best practices workshop prior to Rally Germany last week. The press release said there were presentations from Rally Sweden on social media and corporate hospitality. Mexico’s organizers presented on Service Park implementation and there must have been others. Seems like a great idea for the CRC. But which rally currently offers the Best Practices to be shared? Competitors and officials that compete in all the events are the best-qualified to compare, but it would be an interesting discussion here on Specialstage. In your opinion which rally currently has the best…

Service Park
Recce day
Volunteer recruitment/retention
Scoring
Online Presence
Ceremonial start
Podium celebrations
Spectator areas

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
For at least a decade the CRC organisers have held meetings on the AGM weekend where they compare and share ideas. In otherwords, there is already a strong culture of sharing best practices within the CRC, although there are 'local' differences that mean not all best practices are transferable.

I seem to recall Ken Anctil (sp?) posting his review and ranking of CRC events after/during his stint with CanJam. Rocky has since moved venues completely though.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that the Rocky Mountain Rally has moved to Invermere all events are equally excellent and CARS has nothing left to improve. Carry on.

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
Now that the Rocky Mountain Rally has moved to Invermere all events are equally excellent and CARS has nothing left to improve. Carry on.
Not sure where you see me saying that Lawrence... far from it in fact. I was simply saying that Ken's assessment of the event wouldn't be valid in areas such as the service park.

I fully agree that sharing 'best practices' is beneficial to making all of the events better, just as I support the idea of competitors evaluating the events openly and honestly so organizers understand and appreciated what the teams (their biggest 'client') want. We usually get back responses that are either 'great event' or are complaining about a specific and unusual event involving that team in particular. Occaisonally, we get detailed essays with great suggestions included.

Every event can grow and become better, sitting back and thinking you've got all the answers is a recipe for disaster.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To get the discussion started here are my nominees. I've been to all the rounds many times although my opinions are two years out of date. Also I haven't seen RMR's new venue so it's not included.

Best service park - PFR or Tall Pines
Best organized recce day - ?
Volunteer recruitment/retention - Tall Pines
Scoring - PFR
Online presence - Baie des Chaleurs
Ceremonial Start - Rallye Défi
Podium - Rallye Défi
Spectator Areas - Baie des Chaleurs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts