Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the Heart of Dixie being whatever it is next year for 2005 Pro rally status, I'm wondering what an event has to do to get on the Prorally schedule.

It appears (correct me if I'm wrong) that HOD has full Rally America support along with some known organizers and rally "people" behind the effort.

What happens if the Competitor Evaluation Reports are not so favorable once HOD is completed? Could it loose it's 2005 Calendar spot to another current Club rally?

What if Maine Winter / 100 Acre Woods / etc. / etc. were to inquire about becoming a Pro event?

Do you wait until an event get's bumped like Prescott or Wild West or can you make a case based on C.E.R's that your event is more suited for a National event than one currently on the schedule?

Brian

·
Big Jump 800
716 Posts
Events that want to be considered for the ProRally championship ask the PRD/PRB to send observers. Those people critique the event. CER's are reviewed as well.

For example, Colorado Cog was informally observed in 2002 and formally observed in 2003. PRB and NSS observers submitted their reports which were reviewed and discussed by the PRB.

HOD will be observed. Support by Rally-America is no guarantee that it will be added to the ProRally schedule in 2005.

It is my understanding that, for example, 100AW likes being the ClubRally championship and has absolutely zero interest in becoming a ProRally.

J.B. Niday
www.nidayrallysport.com

·
Registered
907 Posts
I don't think you neccesarly have to wait for an event to drop of a caledar to try to become Pro, but if you can find a favorable date that certainly helps and that seems to be the hardest thing to do for most organizers. Hence the mess of the events being all over the place. Ideal calendar would be to have events at least 3 weeks appart and try to run all the west coast events in one part of the year and the east in the other. Seems that most events are stuck with a very narrow window when they can run and they all seems to be in the same time period.

-george

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Just so that it is in the public record:

CFR (Cadillac) has ZERO interest in being a "ProRally".

press on,

>
>It is my understanding that, for example, 100AW likes being
>the ClubRally championship and has absolutely zero interest
>in becoming a ProRally.
>

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
>just a poor, dumb, Michigan navie
>(and Club Rally chairman in training - 13 Sept 2003 - Cadillac, MI)

Jim,

You need to update this. While it is true that all organizers are forever in training, I don't think it applies any longer in the context you mean.

(Nag, nag, nag)

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Joe beating on Jimmy

Au contraire Joseph.

I am always learning, hence "in training". And I certainly don't think doing it once qualifies me as "trained".

And we don't have a 2004 date, so I can't change that part.

Or were you focused on the "poor, dumb, Michigan navie" part? (Yes, I would rather have been competing this weekend).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts