Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a link to some shots of Ralph Beckman's Barracuda. There is an article about him and the car coming out in the October issue of Mopar Action. Should be on magazine stands pretty soon.

http://www.moparaction.com/Article/Cuda/Cuda.html

When I went to the UK to drive and wrench on the Barracuda, it would have been nice to have any experience with the sport of rallying. At the time the shots were taken, I had basically no idea what rallying was all about, other than the typically WRC coverage on Speed Channel. If I would have only known what I know now, I would have had a few more questions for Ralph Beckman and David Sutton when we had dinner and I'm sure there would have been some great stories. Sometimes you just don't know you are sitting with a couple rally legends until it's too late. Plus, I would have appreciated the Sutton shop and museum much more. Live and learn.

Kevin Wesley

·
Flat over crest
303 Posts
Very nice. I always liked that car. I think my dad did too...

Scott
www.teamharco.com
Team Harco Motorsports
"Win on Sunday, Sleep on Monday"

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Life was simple then..... except for the hundreths of minutes, but I did get used to them. Now, if I punch in 1:50 on my microwave oven I still have to think for a second that it is 1 minute and 50 seconds, not 1 and one half minutes.

I got all teary eyed and sentimental when I saw the Halda cable, AND the spare cable..

Anyone have ORC photos?

How about photos of Dick Paddock's Cherokee?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts