Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

surprised nobody wants to talk about about this developement..

JB must have something good cooking for next year...

·
Registered
408 Posts
Actually, I think Jeff will be an excellent addition to the PRB. He's intelligent and very precise. He's been involved in this sport for quite some time and I'm sure the PRB can draw from his experiences.

And while I may not agree with the foundation of his appeal, if he finds that much ambiguity in the phrase "fuel only", I'm sure he can do a bang up job rewriting the rule book.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Jeff will be an excellent addition to the PRB. I'm just surprised he's willing to donate the time and accept the abuse.

P.S. Daphne, both the grounds and the decision on the appeal were correct, IMHO. Guess I'll no longer be able to lay claim to having submitted the only succesful appeal in ProRally/Pro Rally/Prorally...history.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I think they needed a quick replacement as I resigned mid summer. I think they looked at the resumes we received this past winter for some of the vacancies the PRB had then.

-george

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
A bulletin was published on the website (dated 7/14), but does not appear to have been published in FasTrack. The new communication policy seems to be "find it if you can" (based on a comparison of FasTrack and the website). How many people noticed that the Ojibwe stage notes cost an extra $10? (Comp bulletin dated 7/26).

Adrian

·
Registered
901 Posts
Okay, here I go again pissing people off.

It's the good ol' boys network all over again. What's wrong with elections? Why all the secrecy? Are you guys (meaning the PRB and BOD) afraid that the Performance rally members will elect a board that doesn't agree with you? A board that will take charge of the marketing of their series, and fulfill promises? A board that, gasp! Shock! Horror! writes meeting minutes in full sentences so everyone can figure out what the heck this group of people who supposedly represents us is actually doing??!?!?!?!?!?

Sigh. I'm disappointed. And before anyone asks, it's not because I wasn't even considered. I've got a life, you know.

KT

·
Registered
901 Posts
Okay, John, I've fixed my sig. So there.

You'll be able to find me at the pre-rally party at Wild West; I'll be the taller girl Tabor in the official Silverstone shirt. :) Otherwise you can find me in a lowly Production car, attempting to beat the snot out of a lot of other cars. :)

KT

G

·
>Okay, John, I've fixed my sig. So there.
>
>You'll be able to find me at the pre-rally party at Wild
>West; I'll be the taller girl Tabor in the official
>Silverstone shirt. :) Otherwise you can find me in a lowly
>Production car, attempting to beat the snot out of a lot of
>other cars. :)
>
>KT

do not confuse her with the many girls running around in cheap imported knockoff "Silverstone" shirts. They are imposters, and although some may be tall, they are not authorized to speak for KT.

on a serious note, hopefully by appointing someone who familar enough with the rules to write an appeal, they can use that knowledge and clean up the rule book. yes? And we all want that. Even those of us with lives.

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>on a serious note, hopefully by appointing someone who
>familar enough with the rules to write an appeal, they can
>use that knowledge and clean up the rule book. yes? And we
>all want that. Even those of us with lives.

Remember too that they choose from people who actually volunteer for the position (sometimes I don't understand why anyone would volunteer to take the sort of abuse that they get here). If you think you can do a better job, then volunteer.

I personally think Jeff is a good choice.

Adrian

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>But I think the point is not who, but how? Good choice, not
>quite done within the rules?

The only thing outside of the rules is that the notice wasn't published in FasTrack, it was only published on the website. 1.1.B seems to require publishing in both locations. But, is this really a problem?

Adrian

·
Registered
408 Posts
>But, is this really a problem?

Only if the reference was parenethetical. ;-)

Seriously, it was posted on this message board and on the web. I'm amazed so many people on this board didn't know anything about it.

·
SURF!!! I'll cover you myself!
663 Posts
>>But, is this really a problem?
>
>Only if the reference was parenethetical. ;-)
>
>Seriously, it was posted on this message board and on the
>web. I'm amazed so many people on this board didn't know
>anything about it.

Ah, but its so much easier to complain on the message boards, than to look for an opprotunnity to really make a difference, as Mr Becker has.

Peter

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I originally saw the posting on SCCA's web site, and I know there were new applications, as I reviewed one such applicant's resume. I'm at a loss to explain why it was not posted in FasTrack, nor can I imagine why we are no longer allowed in FasTrack. It doesn't seem to be the sort of appointment which must be made with such immediacy that it couldn't be posted according to the PRR. Perhaps, in the high turnover the PRB has had this year, it was simply overlooked. I seriously doubt any type of conspiracy.

(Insert (parenthetical (reference)) here):+

·
Big Jump 800
716 Posts
The Board of Directors has decided that the Web site is good enough, the rule book needs updating.

We had plenty of good applicants from Ben's appointment, we advertised for more, Sue Robinson informed those who had applied recently that they were being considered.

There's no real stated time limit in the rules, we usually go 30 days but went 21 cuz we had really good applicants already AND we wanted to get on the August BoD meeting agenda (along with the rule changes).

No big conspiricy, just being expediant... I like change, I like it fast and I like to move on... expect more of the same from me, hope you like it (seriously; I hope you like it).

By the way... this is exactly the sort of thing I'm supposed to be posting on SCCA.com rather than SpecialStage... guess I screwed up this time, I hope you all can forgive me!

By the way... there's more positions open... A couple of RallyCross Stewards and a Divisional ClubRally Steward... I think Lyn's always looking for more Safety Stewards...

J.B. Niday
www.nidayrallysport.com

1 - 20 of 20 Posts