Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Also note the fifth place finisher - he beat some seriously powerful (and expensive) cars. Some very impressive drives this weekend, but it's a shame that so many retired so early. I was hoping to see L'Estage do well in the Elantra.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The other thing that you definately have to consider is that the driver and co-driver are both "locals"! And what I learned this weekend is that most of the locals, as soon as they get their drivers license, they HAVE to go do "Camp Brulé", it's a tradition...

I was at the jump at the end of Camp Brulé, and his diff. was on fire the first run friday and the first run saturday.

The GT4 that was 5th is also a local!

Scott McNeil

P.S. Everyone knows everyone in that region of Quebec...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yep,

Locals know these routes like the back of their hands!! It's almost has if they use these route to go to work! :)

The Camp Brule stage is used a lot at that rally in different configuration/length (3 times friday night and 2 times saturday night). But the end is always the same.

It's THE place to spectate for newbies to this rally and there are a LOT of people. Toilets, bar, announcer, etc at the bridge curve and also a lot of people at the jump. Those are the 2 best known spectator area.

The locals always put up a great show. Being locals, they go wide open all rally long! If the car hold, they place well and they did again this year! Must be quite a ride for the co-driver!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I don't have any specific details. I know that Tim and I were running close in the order both days. We were trying our best to help each other out.

Tim had some issues with the car not starting on Saturday, and then had an air sensor(?) go which was making his car drive poorly. We gave him some wires to make a field repair and he made it back to service, but finally retired about 4 km from the finish on the last stage.

I think that both Tim and Vitorio both left some paint at the spectator corner as well...

It was probably the most disappointing DNF for us US guys up there. We were hoping we could all make it through...

Tim will spank it next time! ;-)

Cheers! John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts