1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Faster !!!!
768 Posts
>
>
>Driving 22 to Baie, maybe a bit much.

Ohhhh, but sooo worth it !

Hope you can make it .... everybody "needs" to rally in Quebec !!!

·
Dirt surfer
1,367 Posts
Anyone wanna help me get my car there!?

Driving rally car 10 hours to STPR, ok, not too bad.

Driving 22 to Baie, maybe a bit much.

-Matt Johnston
www.mattjohnstonrally.com

Matt, sounds like you need to get yourself a haul truck and trailer!

However you do it, make the drive, Baie has the best jumps in North America.

Cheers,

Dave G

PS--We have a sweet F250 crew cab diesel for sale, would be an awesome haul rig for ya...

"...Embrace loose gravel, beware big trees..."

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
>Driving rally car 10 hours to STPR, ok, not too bad.
>
>Driving 22 to Baie, maybe a bit much.

Consider this: You drove to STPR to compete against only one other Gr2 car and four total 2wd cars entered in the National.

At Baie last year, there were 28 total 2wd cars entered and a Gr2 car finished on the podium.

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
RE: Baie

Randy ... are you running Baie? Don't see you on the entry list ...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Matt get to Baie

I co-drove for Tim Penasack last at Baie and also went the year before and let me tell you it was one of the best rallies I have ever done. Lots of stage miles! low entry fees, I even think that last year they had a tow fund where you were given some money if you had to tow your car a long way there. We also did the two pass recce and let me tell you it was tight getting all the stages in the time they allowed it was a great experience. I want to go back and am searching for a team to co-drive for so if you hear or see anything out there let me know.

We had our own firefighting adventure while we were out there too. Friday night we lost power steering and fixed it over the night and then Saturday morn it broke again and poured all over the turbo and caught fire. We got it out and kept on going!!! it was a great I think we only lost like 3 minutes on that stage but the lack of power steering for the rest of the day took its toll be some how we still pulled off a decent finish.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts