Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks!!
well the count down is now on ... with a month left befor the Baie we have painted the first color last night and should have the car painted fully by this weekend:p So no I can finally start to think about my first race. Does anybody have any good tips for this event ...ie. what I should have in the way of spares, tire choices, what to look for and not get caught out on... I know this is kinda open but I don't have any experience in this form of racing and am trying to do my homework so any and all help will go along way to making our first weekend a good experience.All you "old guys" must be able to remember your first race.. what are the things that teams know "after" the race that they wished they'ed known"befor"the race :7 is there things that I can do to make my weekend a little less stressful??...

steve
I hope this is in the right forum???

·
Registered
339 Posts
I can tell you that you picked a tough event for your first.

I've run Baie' once in 2000 but remember lots about it:

- Warn, warn, warn again, your co-driver about getting sick. Baie' is the hardest rally of the year on Co-drivers for sickness. It's very warm, very salty air, and Friday night was an absolute roller coaster. Up down, left, right....LOTS of instructions.

- Baie has some rough sections, make sure your car doesn't sit very low.

- Call and get a hotel room if you haven't already, the main places fill up fast.

Brian

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you Brian!! we have two rooms reserved at the same hotel as team Subaru (should be good!) My co-driver is/was my navigator in the off road series (where I come from) and he tells me nothing can compare to those jumps and turns(we shall see}> ) but he has never had a problem in the past 8 years so I think we should be ok... as for ride height what do you consider low??... is stock height ok I have DMS 50's for the car .My car is a impreza wagon so its a little higher then the sedan from factory ...or should I look at going higher then stock? what was your experience?... as far as the notes go ... was the route book hard to follow or just alot of instructions due to the road? Thank you for your input its all good!!
steve

·
Registered
280 Posts
Its going to be our first BDC event as welll...we went there last year as spectator... get ready for the spectator jump}> hehehe..i hope the justy is going to lift...coz i wont ;-)

also the best tip i can give you is to go eat at the "Martin pecheur" in Carleton....the best sea food i ever ad in my life....i still dream abouth it...haarrgg...so good...and so simple?...you have to taste the local sea food and fish.

and yes...bring some sickness bag...i stole many in my last airplane trip LOL...from all the story iv herd from last year...copilote is sick...then...the driver...then the crew tying to clean it up...ect....ect....

Alain Lavoie
24Rallyteam
http://www.abikeonline.com/24rallyteam/

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the food tips Alain !!!:9 Although growing up here in Nova Scotia I kind take sea food for granted :D .Andrew could you / would you tell me what tire you will run there & does your team do anything different for BDC set up wise (without giving away the farm of course :p) any ither info that you folks can pass along to the "new guy" is always welcome!! ;)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Tire choice depends on temperature and moisture on the roads - on friday night last year we ran a medium soft with grooves cut in it for the moist surface, and on Saturday we ran a medium all day as it was drier (no grooves). Depending on your car, if its dry I would just run mediums.

Silverstone of course!

No special set up. There are a few jumps so pay attention to shock settings for flight and landing.

ACP.
Flirting with the laws of physics.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you again Andrew ... if you get a chance come by and say hi... we will be under a big tent with the red & white subie wagon ...it should not be hard to find us ... we will be the guys looking like we don't have a clue!!!:+ :p

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
good tip on the freezer bags John ... I like the zip lock feature... you can never be too sure x( !!!:p I hope you guys will be in Quebec so I can thank you in person for all the help that you and your team have given us !! & you can enjoy some fine maritime beer !!!

Steve Q

1 - 10 of 10 Posts