·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Looks like Pat beat ACP by 13 seconds.

Lots of problems trying to follow the rally using the results section of the Baie website.

Another example of what happens when Jean-Georges does not do the results.

Doug Woods

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
>I also vote for
>rallyscoring.com to just simply do every event in Canada, if
>for no other reason than the results are published as text,
>not blurred images :p

I just want to chime in here that Peter Parsonage in BC also has the ability to provide informational and timely results when given the opportunity.

becoming reliant on one provider for all services (or one sponsor for all of our money for that matter) is an excellent way to jeaporodise the future of the sport ... but that's another discussion.

·
Slid'n around 'n havin a ball
2,953 Posts
RE: Baie de Chaleurs - Any results?

John, you may have gotten updates but all we ever got was one sheet after a4 with just the top 3 updated.
We ran the whole rally blind to where we sat in the pack until posting usually a couple min. before leaving service.
---
It was good of you to pull Thompson out, who knew it'd be so close at the end.
rz

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
RE: Baie de Chaleurs - Any results?

Randy, I should I have clarified that we also received sheets with the times of the competitors ahead of us when we came into service. We usually had a complete list prior to leaving service though.

We were more than happy to pull Peter out of his sticky wicket. It was very cool to have it close at the end! Sure kept me awake! ;-)

Cheers! John

·
Registered
803 Posts
their web site now has the scans of all the stage times up on it

13 sec victory does NOT tell the whole story. we stopped on-stage to rectify a fuel pump problem costing us over 5 minutes.

We drove like hell to make up the new deficit. Down to 35-odd seconds with 35 kms to go (c1/c2.. then repeat c3/c4). Ended up doing it in 18 (c1/c2). Probably made for good spectating.. Slowed for the last two stages as the margin was established (c1/c2 pace was way too high risk to maintain for no reason). Was fun except a small little dispute about mystery stage times.

-Pat

·
Registered
232 Posts
About those strange stage times; several of us noted that the finishing clock for Stage C1/C3 was off by 1 minute (early) for both runs.

Steve McKelvie
Co-Pilote Car #29

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
>About those strange stage times; several of us noted that
>the finishing clock for Stage C1/C3 was off by 1 minute
>(early) for both runs.

Yes. Everyone seemed to have gotten a minute flier for both C1 & C3. I know we did and the times are consistant to everyone else getting it also.
Pat, that may have been the reason that a team did not wish to disclose their stagetimes between the C-leg stages.

·
Registered
803 Posts
no, no

we all knew that the clock was up by one but that didn't affect anyone, so they left it.

In fact, we went in to MAKE SURE that we didn't 120 the stage due to the advanced clock, or else we would have had it changed, because I needed that stage to count. It didn't affect anyone so nothing mattered (i.e. the clock at the finish was up by one, which doesn't really matter unless you 120 the stage).
-pat

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
>no, no ........

OK. Didn't know if all the leaders knew that everyone had the fliers.
That stage would probably have been the least likely of the whole rally to 120K on. Narrow and twisty it was without any of the straights or wide flowing sections that most the other stages had at least some of. Not sure I liked the tarmac but kudos to the organizers for supplying new roads with lots of variety.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts