Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Rapidly filling your mirrors
315 Posts
Tellin' ya, a Ford F350/450 diesel bambulance is the hot ticket. I'd have one but it won't clear my home garage door! Parking it in the shop would take up a bit too much room.

·
Left 4 into beachball
1,920 Posts
Actually, thats a pretty sweet deal. Dave let go halves on it when we're famous.
If we're famous, we should just do the nicer one....there's a bunch of these things for sale on that website. Even found one with larger-than-lifesize pics of chevy powered indy cars on the side. I figure we need to be able to hold at least 3 cars. The two rally cars and a similarly prepped recce car (mitsu of course).

Dave

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Why stop at 3. If your famous just get a 12 car hauler with 8 rally cars and four service vans. Then get a rock star style tour bus to haul your team of 36 to the events.
One service van per two cars.
Two service guys per rally car.
Two floater service guys. Jump to whatever team needs them or is in service at that time.
One team food person. Makes sandwiches, reservations, buys beer, etc.
One team manager. Coordinate the whole ordeal.
Oh, and I suppose we'd need two drivers for each vehicle. Better make it three drivers, one for the hauler, two for the tour bus, so we can drive straight through to the rally.
So that makes a total of 39 people needed. And an annual budget of $$$$$

·
Checkbook owner
18 Posts
. Even found one with larger-than-lifesize pics of chevy powered indy cars on the side.

Dave
Dave

any chance you can find the link again?

I raced with the American Indycar Series a lot in the 90's. About 90% of the Chevy conversions out there are cars I worked on.

Was it a white trailer with checkered flag design on front? Or the black trailer with the yellow car?

thanks

Grant Barclay

·
Left 4 into beachball
1,920 Posts

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
The RallyKnight guys used to rally the automatics b/c the 5-speeds are such junk.
And they had such awesome results as rallyists.
2000: MFR - DNF, OFPR - 38/42, Wild west - 16/18, Prescott - 9/16, LSPR - 28/38
2001: OT - 15/31, Rim - DNF, STPR - 11/51, MFR - DNF, OFPR - 37/37, WW - DNF, Prescott - DNF, LSPR -DNF
2002: PPIHC - DNF, OFPR - DNF

And that concludes a typical Subaru pro rallyist career.
I just bought an auto FWD Impreza a few hours ago.

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
For you. :)

Yeah. I saw an Impreza for $600 and told the lady I'd buy it.
224K, needs front pads, auto, FWD.
Probably put front pads on it, drive it to and from work until the temp tag expires, then sell it.

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
I work like restaurants. Scale of 1 to 5.
I actually started working up a proposal for something of this scale. Imagine if you had the budget of Rockstar (~$1 million +) but instead of trying to win, you just focused on driving well and getting a ton of exposure. Quantity over quality. Well except 2WD cars. Because they can be built to be decent and class winners without spending $50K+ on the car. But focus the funds on getting to events and make each team continue to maintain their own cars to an extent.

1 - 20 of 161 Posts