Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Mike, I like the fact that your method would not have cost Rick & I any of our wins this year (there were at least three G5 class entries in every Pro event we attended)!

I think the best solution is to scale points somehow based on the finishing position relative to the entire group of finishers.

For example, if you win your class and you finish in the top third of the overall finishers, you get maximum points regardless of the number of entries in your class for that event.
Hey, if you drive a really good event, but nobody else shows up, you should be rewarded far more than the no shows in your class (fortunately I've never been stood up by everyone else, but it could happen)!

If you win your class and end-up in the middle third of the overall finishers (but there weren't other entrants in your class) then you only score 70% of the usual points for winning the class.

If you win your class but end-up in the bottom third of the finishers (but there weren't other entrants in your class) then you only score 50% of the usual points for winning the class.

Okay, that's the general idea. You could play with different percentages or whatever.
Dave
Car # 207

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.