Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I have a cat.
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Hope you've got the car tested and dialed and you're ready for a great weekend of MaxAttack! rallying!

I really wish I could be there. This is the first one I've missed, and it's like missing a friend's wedding so you can keep earning points for a championship (I did that once...felt like such a douche, I bought his wedding cake).

Anyway, in my absence, things will probably go a lot smoother, but here are the facts you need to know.

-Stickers-RA has the stickers and should be dispensing them at registration. If they are not, please POLITELY ask Bob Nielsen or one of the friendly registration workers about it. I'm sure they'll get them to you.

-Press notes-PNW 2WD rally competitor and supporter Charles Buren will be the main guy in the service areas collecting your stories. He's the guy from Safe Drives, and he's very approachable. He's going to be trying to get to ALL of you to get your stories to relay to me. If you see him, and you aren't near your car because you're off to the can or something, don't be afraid to try to stop him and tell him what's going on with your day, but if he says he HAS to get going because he wants an interview from a car due to leave service in the next X minutes, tell him who you are, where your car is and when you're out.

-More press notes-PLEASE, if you have interesting anecdotes to tell for the official MaxAttack! notes/tweets, don't be afraid to call or email me directly! I don't mind, and want as much info as I can get! You should also know that my notes are usually used as an aid to Grant's team in developing the script for the YouTube webisodes, so if it was cool as hell, but no one tells the story, it doesn't get told. Tell it!

-Video-If you've ever been to a MaxAttack! event in the last couple years, then you probably know Grant Hughes. His merry band of men will again be shooting for MaxAttack! They are good at getting the video pulled off your media and getting your media back to you unharmed pretty much while you wait. If you have incar vid and they ask for it, please try to accomodate them or arrange for when you can hook up. If you want your incar to be considered for the webisode, make an effort to get the video to Grant, Mark, Scott, or one of his other accomplices.

-Awards-As you all know, Ben Bradley is my principal cohort in wrangling this little series together. He'll be in one of those things that drives from both ends, but we won't hold it against him. He'll be busy with codriver duties before and during the rally, and MaxAttack! duties afterwards when he should be drinking beer. At the awards, if you've got a few minutes and you see him, please offer to see if he needs any help with anything. K?

-If you finish in the top 5, you have a couple of responsibilities. :)

-First, if Bob Nielsen has time, he may offer to arrange the 5 money winners for a photo shoot at the finish. Please do your part to be ready to roll your car in and out of the photo area as needed at the impound. Do NOT just leave impound area, even if RA says they don't need your car until you know if they're going to be able to do a photo. They have a lot of photos to get through and a lot of booze to spray, so just try to be cognizant of what's going on there. Charles will work with Bob if photos are going to be taken, and will, in turn, help wrangle you guys up and line you up from 1st to 5th for the photo.

-Beryl Ann Burton will be at awards and will have IRS forms for you. Ben should point her out when doing MaxAttack! awards. Unless you have won cash from us before and haven't moved, you'll need to fill out the form and return it to Beryl Ann before you leave the awards ceremony or else you do NOT get a REAL check. There are no routing numbers on the 5 foot novelty checks. :)

Despite my absence, I have no doubt this will be the best MaxAttack! event ever. We have a larger webisode production staff than ever before, we have an awesome rally to test your skills and prep, and most importantly, we have YOU, a competitive and diverse contingent of rally teams of all stripes, set to do battle for every second on every stage until the last one on Sunday night.

GOOD LUCK!

·
I have a cat.
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Contact info for Lurch:

ph. (3 one three) five 5 oh -forty for fifty 4
email- sirlurch at gmail doot commie

Feel free to call anytime this weekend. Nothing is too late or early. Leave a message if I don't answer. You may also email.

·
I drive the car.
927 Posts
Thank you very much you guys. *humbled*

I'm really looking forward to the weekend. Don't worry, I'll be hounding these teams for every ounce of info at service, and probably lending a hand here and there too. :)

Teams, fore sure if you need parts, information passed or help or in any way, just grab me. I know nearly everyone. :) I can help, but I'll want to know why! :D However, I'm also very much looking forward to meeting many new faces this weekend too. :) The energy is already building. Don't forget this fact you lucky bastids', these are Doo *** Rally roads...the best roads seen anywhere with organizers and volunteers to match. This rally is going to EPIC. The suspense is killing me! :D Gack! I wish I was driving!!!

·
I have a cat.
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Okay. Email sent tonight to RA folks, I'm sure they'll get them to registration tomorrow. Check again tomorrow when you get a chance. If not, find Charles anytime before the first car leaves Parc Expose and he'll get you hooked up.

And please, guys, just one set of stickers per team. Make sure everyone has a set. If you've already got 'em from last year, you're all good to go!

Big one across the back of the car across the top of the rear window. 2 small ones on the sides above the front tire on the fender. If you need to put the side ones elsewhere, make sure they're on the top half of the body side where the mud doesn't cover 'em as much. :)

We've got black fender stickers for light colored cars and white fender stickers for dark colored cars. Choose the appropriate color. All the rear window banners are white.

Thanks!

Lurch

·
Registered
678 Posts
Thank you Charles for doing this! If you're interested in posting directly on max-attack.com just sign up for an account and I will set you up as an editor (can post stories directly to front page).

Teams and anyone else involved in MaxAttack!, also please feel free to sign up at max-attack.com and blog about your MaxAttack! experiences. If any blog posts are particularly interesting I can promote them to the front page as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts