Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I have a cat.
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attn.--Nat T Stow, Cary Kendall, Chip Miller, Charles Kothe, Blues Bros., Kenny Bartram, Sans, Lars Wolfe...

...thers,Kenny Bartram, Sans, Lars Wolfe...or any of your codrivers, PR managers, etc. Please call me before OTR. Basically anyone running 2wd national. (already talked to Jimmy).

313-550-4454

THANKS!

Eric Burmeister

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
RE: Attn.--Nat T Stow, Cary Kendall, Chip Miller, Charles Kothe, Blues Bros., Kenny Bartram, Sans, Lars Wolfe...

This just HAS to be the 1st year in a while that I don't run 2wd. You suck, Lurch. :p

·
I have a cat.
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: Attn.--Nat T Stow, Cary Kendall, Chip Miller, Charles Kothe, Blues Bros., Kenny Bartram, Sans, Lars Wolfe...

Since I ain't sittin' behind a steering wheel for this event, I might as well try to write a story on 2wd and see if my friends at Modified, or Sport Compact Car, or one of the other rags will pick it up.

It's one thing to complain about no coverage. Figgered I should put my computer where my mouth is...wait...that's kinda gross.

I enjoy writing. Wish I could find a way to write stories after rallies I run without it sounding like a commercial for me, me, me.

Have fun there, eh.

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts

>I enjoy writing. Wish I could find a way to write stories
>after rallies I run without it sounding like a commercial for
>me, me, me.

Why? Sounds like a great basis for PRs....

·
Registered
1,395 Posts

Lurch, BEWARE!

http://www.jimsracing.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=56046

Cary debuted the new Gr. 5 car at a recent "test win" at Garrison ice race held Feb. 4. Unfortunately, I wasn't there to see it, but heard he was ultra-fast!!! If only he had purchased Jake's RX-7, especially with all of his iceracing class wins/championships in RX-7's from 1988 until just a few years ago.

Jerry

·
I have a cat.
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Awesome. Good to have more G5 competition...heck, good to have more 2wd competition period! Good luck guys.

All you guys...make sure you find Jen Horsey at the rally, too. She's got a lot on her plate covering 4wd and 2wd, when they are spread out in the field. Do your part. Even if you don't have time to tell her at service (perhaps the codriver can talk to her?) At least get the story to a crew person that can relay the story after you leave. Designate a crew person for this.

Your guys are sitting around with nothing better to do after you leave anyway...maybe playing with potato cannons or something... :)

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts

>Your guys are sitting around with nothing better to do after
>you leave anyway...maybe playing with potato cannons or
>something... :)

FizzBall!:9

·
I have a cat.
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

>>I enjoy writing. Wish I could find a way to write stories
>>after rallies I run without it sounding like a commercial
>for
>>me, me, me.
>
>
>Why? Sounds like a great basis for PRs....

I wrote pre and post event PRs for 4 years for myself. While I know they were extremely valuable and worked to get the story out (most valuable for my sponsors), I feel like a complete turdburglar writing about myself in third person and quoting myself.

I am now hiring someone to do this for me. Luckily, I have friends in the public relations biz and they seem eager to write the trite PR stuff that, though stuffy to us insiders, is necessary in any semi-professional team.

I will soon have a spot on my website called "Lurch's Corner" or some goofy thing where fans can go to get a more personal, un-politically-correct story straight from the dummy's mouth.

Then there will be membership opportunities in the "Mazda Militia"...plan to throw some parties at some bars/nightclubs in rally towns/SEMA/Hot Import Nights...

I've got lots of goofy idears. And the Mazda guys like better 'n half of 'em.

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts

wish i could afford to be there this weekend, Good luck everybody.

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
Eric Burmeister said:
...thers,Kenny Bartram, Sans, Lars Wolfe...or any of your codrivers, PR managers, etc. Please call me before OTR. Basically anyone running 2wd national. (already talked to Jimmy).
I'm afraid Nat Stow's Golf wasn't quite ready in time.

It underwent an astonishing metamorphosis to a Subaru 2.5RS.

We weren't going to run the national anyway.

Hopefully the Golf will be on the stages soon.

Ben

·
Media Dude
1,464 Posts
Ben said:
I'm afraid Nat Stow's Golf wasn't quite ready in time.

It underwent an astonishing metamorphosis to a Subaru 2.5RS.

We weren't going to run the national anyway.

Hopefully the Golf will be on the stages soon.

Ben

it will be in Golf form for Mt.Trials right? :D

·
Feeling like an "old timer."
581 Posts
Kent Bedford said:
Damn you guys must be good to convert a Golf into a Subie - wanna crew for me next year?
Not only that, but according to the RA results they've managed to get ahold of a 2020 Subaru 14 years before it even exists! :p

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
RRR_K2 said:
Not only that, but according to the RA results they've managed to get ahold of a 2020 Subaru 14 years before it even exists! :p
Yeah, there was that whole space/time continuum thing. It was pretty cool.

We do hope to have the Golf at Mountain Trials, though. Let's see what happens. We love WCRC events.

Ben

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
Crap - This request hit the forums after I'd already made it to Portland and this is the first time I've been online since dawn Tuesday the 18th ...

So Lurch, now that I'm home do you want some post-rally info from Kenny, Dennis or me?

Eric Burmeister said:

313-550-4454

THANKS!

Eric Burmeister

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Mad Mike makes an excellent target at the champagne spray.

press on,

·
I have a cat.
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mad Mike said:
So Lurch, now that I'm home do you want some post-rally info from Kenny, Dennis or me?
Yes sir! Please email it to sirlurch at gmail dot com.

Thanks Mike!

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
jimmy said:
Mad Mike makes an excellent target at the champagne spray.

press on,
It was a massive, coordinated yet thoroughly unprovoked attack that has left one well known (and well worn) straw cowboy hat smelling for all the world like straw that's been exposed to years of racing, rallying, sweat, dust & dirt and then got drowned by four magnums of champagne. ;-) In a word, it smells - different.

I just hope RA doesn't charge me for the camera I borrowed but returned to their truck dripping ...

Anyone get a picture??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts