Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you go about "asking" for some kind of sponsorship? Even if its just for cheaper parts ect. Does anyone put together some kind of team package to send out with photo's ect? Should I expect sponsors to come to me? Tell me what kind of things you all have done.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Be as professional as possible. Prepare a press package sort of deal, with things like a flyer, possibly VHS if it's a big sponsor, highlighting all the good things about your team. Remember, since they're advertising with you, remind them of how you can bring their product to a bigger market. Offer to do offseaon stuff like car shows, store openings etc...and be relentless. You're gonna have a lot of doors slammed in your face, but keep opening new ones.....never know when you'll strike gold. But once you do get some money, remember, it's not yours, it's theirs. Spend it in a manner that is appropriate, and will hopefully bring them back on board next year.

Again, just my $.02

·
Registered
63 Posts
Matt

....always start with people you know. Relatives (in business) friends...your neighbours...somewhere you spend lots of money and they value and appreciate you as a client...get involved with a charity type activity...kids...(Ronald McDonald House etc.) are always a good way to get attention AND do something good. Potential sponsor love that sort of thing too. Gives them a better community image if they are known to be associated with a good charity.

The main thing you have to remember with trying to get sponsorship is...

"What's in it for the sponsor?"

....these people are business people first and foremost and will spend ... $$$$ ... IF ... there is something in it for them.

Good Luck :)

Richard Michaluk
Day Trippers Pro Rally Team

·
Registered
296 Posts
Richard wrote:

?...Get involved with a charity type activity...kids...(Ronald McDonald House etc.) ?

Remember if you are going to do this you MUST think about the charity first and you MUST itself contribute to charity.

Our Rally Team concept is very simple. I am taking care of everything than driving. At this point the concept of family and friends is very useful. The concept of finding the right sponsor is extremely important. Having Henninger Toyota, Trim Line or Polimark Travel helped us tremendously.

Another points to remember. Most Charities likes only the money and they will not contribute the resource to help you in your rallying. The big guys hook up with big charities so try the small charity and you chances will be much bigger.

Jerry

Ps.

Richard is a big guy, so I am sure he is going hook up with these big guys. Richard, what about EvoVII next year?
:9

·
Registered
63 Posts
Jerry

..if God is a rally fan...then I will have an Evo 11 next year. The Super 7 lottery has been paying off real well lately.

If not...then the Corolla will have to do for now and I will go on a diet.

By the way Jerry...do you have any pictures or videos of me at any of the rallies(Cochrane,Edson or Rocky) ???????

Contact me at [email protected]

Richard Michaluk
Day Trippers Pro Rally Team

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I have my first sponsor coming for the rest of this year, and next year, woo hoo. :7 :) :7

·
Registered
296 Posts
Mat,

It is important for sponsor to get expose...so share with us and tell us the name of the sponsor. I would like to sponsor you by sponsoring your sponsor.

Jerry

·
Registered
296 Posts
Very good.

Unfortunately I am driving Jeep Cherokee but will cross fingers in your rally adventure to find sponsors.

Cheers.

Jerry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts