Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has had either of these tires on snow and ice yet. The Winterforce have been around a long time but there aren't any reviews on the X-Ice in snow yet. I was hoping someone here might have used prototypes last year. I do not want to run studs, the winterforce is drilled for them so that makes me wonder if it needs them to be of any use on ice. The choice might be made for me anyway since the X-Ice tires in 215/70R16 still haven't landed here and if they keep saying one more week much longer it will be spring.

·
Flat over crest
303 Posts
I can't speak for either of the tires you are questioning - but I can recommend Hakkas or Nokians.

Depending on your specific needs the Hakka 2 (good winter tire), the Hakka RSi (good ice tire) or the Nokian WR are all good options.

Let me know if you want more info. I am a Nokian dealer and should be able to get any of these tires in your size. And if you can make it to the Harco shop (in Waterford, MI), I offer free mounting and balancing.

Edit after seeing you are in Nova Scotia. That would be quite a road trip. Let me know if you are interested in having tires shipped to your door!

Scott
www.teamharco.com
Team Harco Motorsports
"Win on Sunday, Sleep on Monday"

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
>I can't speak for either of the tires you are questioning -
>but I can recommend Hakkas or Nokians.
>
>Depending on your specific needs the Hakka 2 (good winter
>tire), the Hakka RSi (good ice tire) or the Nokian WR are
>all good options.
>
>Let me know if you want more info. I am a Nokian dealer and
>should be able to get any of these tires in your size. And
>if you can make it to the Harco shop (in Waterford, MI), I
>offer free mounting and balancing.
>
>Scott
>www.teamharco.com
>Team Harco Motorsports
>"Win on Sunday, Sleep on Monday"

I would love to have Nokians but these two tires are the choices I have available through my employer which is the only reason I can even afford the X-Ice. I use Nokian's on my mountain bike and even those are $110 each in Canada :) I need a tire that will be good on road but also of use in rally/auto cross on snow and gravel.

·
Flat over crest
303 Posts
The Hakka 2 (C2) would be the best choice for your needs. After closer inspection, I see you want a 70 aspect ratio. I was reading it as 60, for some reason. That is a somewhat unusual size. I must assume this is for a small truck or a large American automobile.

There are sizes all around it in the Hakka C2 and CS models. No problem with the WR - your exact size is available in the WR SUV.

If I were limited to the two choices you list - I'd go for the Michelin. Best of luck.

Scott
www.teamharco.com
Team Harco Motorsports

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
>The Hakka 2 (C2) would be the best choice for your needs.
>After closer inspection, I see you want a 70 aspect ratio.
>I was reading it as 60, for some reason. That is a somewhat
>unusual size. I must assume this is for a small truck or a
>large American automobile.
>
>There are sizes all around it in the Hakka C2 and CS models.
> No problem with the WR - your exact size is available in
>the WR SUV.
>
>If I were limited to the two choices you list - I'd go for
>the Michelin. Best of luck.
>
>Scott
>www.teamharco.com
>Team Harco Motorsports
>"Win on Sunday, Sleep on Monday"

I can run those or 235/60R16 but my winter wheels are a little too narrow for that size. I run that size in a Michelin Hydroedge in the summer. What I have is a Rav4, 215/70R16 is what the base model rav4 and Honda Element come with, the 235/60 comes on the wider alloy rims. What is the US price on a Hakka C2? I'm not sure if those are available here, the Nokian's I checked were $210 Canadian each compared to the suggested retail price on the Michelin of $159 and $120 on the Winterforce. Maybe the dealer is flying to Finland and picking them up himself :)

·
Flat over crest
303 Posts
I don't have a price on the C2. It will be in the $120 - $140 range I would guess. The WR in 215/70R16 is going for $127 US.

Scott
www.teamharco.com
Team Harco Motorsports

·
50 L3/CR 70 Yump 200
997 Posts
My little bro put the 'stones on his 2wd Mazda MPV and they worked well.
A friend just put 4 on his ranger - waiting for snow.
then again - ya get what ya pay for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts