Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering about the Drift club rally...

The results are a little confusing, there are 2- 1st place G2 finishers.... Did the Smith's win 1st for G2, or was the MG in a different class? Or is there no Historic class in Club?

Just wondering...

Thanks-

Russ

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
1) No one entered in Historic Class.

2) Scores on the web site are informational only. They gert up in a hurry, but are unaudited and unofficial. There will bw errors. The official results will be submitted to all concerned parties this evening, and I'm sure Steve will put them on the web site.

Maybe the lesson here is that I shouldn't try to post anything. I'd rather hear people carp about no results than errors in the informational scores(real or perceived). I don't feel compelled to answer to the former.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joe, relax...I was just asking...

I really appreciate the online reuslts, and I'm sure many people do. A mistake here or there is understandable, especially with the big job the vounteers do. That's why I asked a simple question.

There was an "H" on the side of the MG, that's why I asked.

Thanks for clearing it up-

Russ

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Sorry if my reply seemed a bit short(still a little below full on the sleep gauge). Let's start over. I'm sending Steve the official results this evening & I'm sure he'll pull down the other stuff & put them up.

Joe

·
Registered
186 Posts
Russ,

The H is always on the side of the MG. We are always ready for an Historic Class competition.

As H Class is in reality a supplemental class to G2/G5, we always compete in G2. Should there be three or more competitors qualifying for H Class competition in a ClubRally, the rallymeisters have the option of hosting a separate H Class competition. So, as the only vintage iron competing in the SnoDrift ClubRallies, we ran G2, and took 2nd on both (would have taken 3rd in G2 and 19th overall had we paid the extra $$ for Pro registration).

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, thanks for clearing it up! I was just unclear on how the H class worked, since it is a bit of a rarity (but very cool to see the MG out there!)

Thanks-

Russ

·
Registered
186 Posts
We started rallying in '99. We've run at 19 venues so far...since many of those were two ClubRallies, we've actually run more rallies than 19. Complete competition history (after I update it to reflect LSPR '02 and SnoDrift '03) will be found at
http://www.rhybudd.com/results.html

Generally the car has been quite strong and reliable (if not terribly fast), the only problems really stemming from my own ignorance in building a rally car, not inherent to the car itself. Factory welds seem to be holding up quite well...(knock on wood).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts