Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
>crash.net has the entry lists for next year's WRC, PCWRC and
>JWRC and Pat's name is absent. Anyone know if he is
>planning on entering this year?

I talked to Pat last week, and he was sure trying hard to put together a package. I guess, by the absence of his name on the list, that it didn't come about. I know he has competition ideas that he is pondering, but I did not get any specifics.

I'm sure we'll hear from the man himself before too long.

Ben

·
Registered
803 Posts
no that is a final list. Subject to any late alterations, of course :).

We have confirmed just under half what is needed to 'do it properly' - (which is what I think we need to do to get the experience). Selling the house and the street cars and the Open class car (old) and the life insurance (yes I actually did do the math) still only nets 1 more event - and even at that point, where would we be ? So, unfortunately, unless we find a replacement major sponsor between now and Jan (it would in theory be possible to still enter late as Niall McShea did this year and go from NZ onwards) it will not happen.

sorry guys. It is still technically possible but a long shot.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Pat...
Thats really too bad ,I was looking forward to you kickin' some butt in '04 !! . Keep digging though... something may turn up with all the attention you got, it may incite someone to front some cash to keep it going . Best of luck and hope to see you on the stages in the Canadian Championship .

Steve

·
Registered
706 Posts
Have you considered doing the Asia-Pacific Series Pat?

John has some really interesting observations about motorsport in China from his recent trip... talk about an emerging market!!!

Skye

1 - 7 of 7 Posts