Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to do Sawmill for my first rally, and from what everyone has said it is a great event. However I have heard that there won't be a school this year, which was something that I was really looking forward to. Like I said though, that's just what I heard.
I was hoping that maybe someone could post any information about the event that they might have?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Anderson
85 VW GTI

·
Registered
131 Posts
Is it still scheduled to be on May 11? My wife was kind enough to point out to me (with fangs bared...) that it was on Mother's day weekend.

Any chance that will get moved?

Brian Flanagan;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick replies. :)

From what I've heard this is a really great rally, and I can't wait to go. (It also helps that I'm really excited to finally get out and actually compete in a rally.)

Mike Anderson
85 VW GTI

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
SawMill

What I heard (and seems to make the best sense) is that because SawMill will be oversubscribed, no seed0 or Seed1 drivers will be allowed to enter (they can't score ClubRally points anyhow) and seed2-4 will be accepted. The remaining slots will be drawn for by the slower and newbie seeded drivers. It sucks for those just starting out but what else can we do. Enter and take your chance with the draw.

Rapidan RallySprints is a entry level event. Do well there and perhaps the PRSS will move you up a seed or two.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
>The Sawmill website is: http://www.rallyright.com/ and it
>includes all the dates and info on the rally.
>
>There will be no beginners school due to the fact that the
>facility was damaged in a fire.

While the FULL DAY school won't be run as in the past, there will still be the required two-hour school to allow beginners to start the rally.

Sorry, Daphne...just want to make sure nobody is confused. I get calls all the time asking, "Will there be a rookie school at______?" EVERY ClubRally is required to have a rookie school available...but just the two-hour class.

Bruce

·
Registered
408 Posts
Bruce...you're right. Sorry for the confusion.

Every Club event is, I believe, required to have a newbie 2 hour school prior to the event.

There will be no "RallyRight" beginner's 2 day school this year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts