Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Surrender the Booty.
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I doubt they're even in Vegas, they can set up an account with fraudulent info pretty easily, I sent you a PM and an email to ebay, I delt with this once for a place I worked at.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
RE: Leon

I like the fact that one of the pictures includes a headshot of someone. There's a water tower and some a "unique" combo of billboards in the backgrounds of two others.

I hope this works out for you...

·
Media Dude
1,464 Posts

i noticed that as well

hmm.. headshot with stolen car?
almost as smart as posting pics of the trailer with the driver name and website.

·
Registered
291 Posts

They probably aren't the original folks anyway. I am sure it has changed hands a few times by now.x(

·
Registered
1,443 Posts

>They probably aren't the original folks anyway. I am sure it
>has changed hands a few times by now.x(

At the risk of sounding pragmatic, who cares? Leon wants his property back. If it can be located, he can retrieve it. These people are at least guilty of receiving stolen property. Catching the real thieves can be left as an exercise to law enforcement.

·
Registered
291 Posts

>>They probably aren't the original folks anyway. I am sure
>it
>>has changed hands a few times by now.x(
>
>At the risk of sounding pragmatic, who cares? Leon wants his
>property back. If it can be located, he can retrieve it. These
>people are at least guilty of receiving stolen property.
>Catching the real thieves can be left as an exercise to law
>enforcement.

I hope they get caught because this kind of thing is pure bs. And posting pics of the trailer with names? Not the sharpest tool.

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,253 Posts
Damn I hope you get your stuff back. Being how open they are with the pictures, I'd be willing to bet these guys do not know all that stuff is stolen. But then again, some people are just that stupid. Even if they did not steal the stuff, they are still in big trouble.

The police should have this wrapped up in a day. These guys (you can see both of their faces in the pictures) are trying to sell it after all.

Good luck!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Leon, give me a call today. A good friend of mine here in Reno is the retired head of the Nevada State parole board, a former NHP, and sheriff. Rich still has contacts and muscle all over the state and knows how to get things done. He's one of our regular Porsche customers and we trade favors all the time.

David Hackett
775-843-8973 mobile
775-329-1447 Sport Haus
775-852-0141 home

·
SURF!!! I'll cover you myself!
663 Posts
Lock and Load

I'd be in a car and on my way to LV if it was my car. Get what you can from the pictures and head to Police HQ. If your in their face you have a better chance of cooperation.

Maybe E-bay can assist is locating the orgin of the posting???

Best of luck.

Peter

·
Surrender the Booty.
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
eBays response...

Hello,

Thank you for contacting eBay Community Watch with your report. I'll be
pleased to render assistance.

If you see an item on eBay that you believe is stolen, your best course
is to contact law enforcement immediately. Under eBay's privacy rules,
our attorneys will provide important records about pending and past
listings with an official request from law enforcement officials. Please
inform the police officer handling the case that eBay will be pleased to
cooperate in the investigation, and ask the officer to contact eBay
using our law enforcement-specific webform. The officer should include
all relevant information, including the case number and any item numbers
or User IDs.

Here is a link to the webform the officer(s) will need to use:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_inline/index.html

It is important that when the police officer is filling out the
information that they mark the "You are a Law Enforcement Official"
option, to ensure that the report goes to the correct department. You
may wish to forward this message to the law enforcement officials
assigned to your case, so that they know how they may contact us
regarding this issue.

Thank you for writing to us, and for your continued help in keeping eBay
a safe and vibrant online marketplace.

Regards,

Elros
eBay Community Watch

·
Straight @ "T"
188 Posts
RE: eBays response...

Was the car in that condition when it was taken? I presume the theives took the seats and steering wheel. I noticed that the seller has a feedback of "0" but has been a memner since Mar-25-03 so it is possible that the personal information is real. Do you have the VIN for the trailer? That could be helpful (if it hasn't been altered).
Good luck!
Jim Blumenfeld

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
RE: eBays response...

The FBI will have to get involved since this went on the internet and the internet crosses all state lines. This is considered Grand Theft Auto, and yes the trailer was stolen. Those were my sponsors that I got, and placed onto the trailer.

If these were the original people who stole the car /trailer. How stupid are you?

Also, this should tell you competitors (who own cars) to be careful with your cars/trailers. They are becoming of value to the fans or the car thieves which is giving them a chance to make a buck from its value. If you heard of "Chop Shop" this is where your parts on your car is going to go. Just be more aware of where you park the race car; either at the event and/or at your house.

I hate to see this happen again to another competitor or team.

The car did roll on its last ever event which was at Treeline...July of last year. Everything was still in tact at that time.

Denise McMahon
Team Manager
Widget Rally Team

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.