Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved to Cinci about 4 months ago, I'd really like to start/join a team and be a driver, but I need to actually see some rally or rallycross and talk to some people who have actually done it. So, anywhere near Cincinnati where people go to practice rallying, any rallycross events? I'm pretty sure there aren't any events remotely close, but what's the next best thing in my neck of the woods?

·
Vocal ballast
115 Posts
I'm the Ryan mentioned above. Off the top of my head you also have Rob Weir, Tyler Witte, and Gary Cupp in the Cinci area. Where in Cinci are you? (I went to UC)

If I were you I'd plan on heading up to Sno*Drift at the end of the month. And then if you find yourself hopelessly addicted (like many on this site) you can come out to 100 Acre Wood in mid-Feb, Justin and I are always looking for crew.

·
Old Fart
560 Posts
I'm a UC grad and my daughter lives in the Hyde Park area of Cincy. If you decide to go to Snodrift and want to volunteer, register online and say you want to work with the PRIMO crew. We'll take care of you and you'll learn a lot about rally.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live in Oakley/Kenwood/Madisonville (apparently I'm on the boarder of all 3). Since I'm in classes at UC Blue Ash right now, I'm not sure if I'll be able to go to SnoDrift or 100AW, I'd love to at least go to the 100AW though, that seems like a lively one.

·
stylin' and profilin'...WOOOO!
426 Posts
Hi ben,

message sent via facebook 4 months ago

·
One day I will finish this car
146 Posts
HI Ben, I live in Norwood right near you. AM headed to 100 Acre with the wife to work in Febuary. There is a Rally-X group out of Dayton that runs near Waynesville, Oh. Do an SCCA DAyton search. Also some TSD's out of Columbus,Oh. Central Ohio Rally Club 100 Acre Wood and Rally West Virginia are a blast and if you can make it well worth volunteering at. Both are in the 8 hour drive time. We have yet to make it up to Snow-Drift but some day.

·
stylin' and profilin'...WOOOO!
426 Posts
hey ben, go into your settings/profile and turn on "private messages"

the WOR rallyX site in Waynesville is a pretty good one, and the OVR rallyX's are pretty good too, come on out when the weather warms up a bit, and check their scca sites for schedule info

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
cool, Waynseville would be nice to check out, very close to where I use to live.

I turned on my PM's by the way.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I was reading the event page for the Waynesville rallycross and it appears you can rent a car for it?

·
One day I will finish this car
146 Posts
I believe that they have a car for rent. Have yet to make it there due to past jobs work schedule but that will change with this coming year. Am planning on that and maybe some solo events with our Talon. Crossing fingers for RWV but a house has to be bought first this year. Darn kids just won't stop growing on us..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts