Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen any results for rally NY yet..
Did they even get to run any stages today ;)

B~

·
Retired Rally Photographer
2,069 Posts
They ran all but 1 on both Friday and Saturday. I think it got late on Fri. so they didn't run stage 5. Stage 13 didn't get run because of a local with a shotgun :eek: .

I'd imagine that Drislane won. He was leading.
http://www.onalimbracing.com/stuff/rny4.jpg

A Subaru had a pretty good roll on stage 3.
http://www.onalimbracing.com/stuff/rny1.jpg

Another car was understeering.
http://www.onalimbracing.com/stuff/rny6.jpg

Lots of carnage.
I'll probably have all ~150 or so of my pics up tomorrow.

Pete

·
Couch rallyist!
344 Posts
Do you have any more pictures of the "Subaru Roll Over?" The Driver and navigator were OK - the navigator just got a few cuts, and the driver's wallet hurts. ;) The outside rear tire blew during a slide a few hundred feet up from there and it sent them into the ditch. We went back to get it at midnight and some of the surviving lights were stolen, along with the shift knob - anyone seen them? x( Amazing thing is that after 3+ rolls the car still runs and the cage had no deflection what so ever (shameless plug: cage built by RalliSpec www.rallispec.com).

Alex

·
Registered
924 Posts
Tarmac stages rule! The roads on this event were really fun.
Much thanks to Ivan and Olga Orisek, Andy Wos, Eliene, Ken Burt, and all those involved with struggling to put on this event. And much thanks to Jon for the very fast and very fun ride!
Josh Bressem

·
Couch rallyist!
344 Posts
I don't think they were able to charge the guy - he didn't leave his own property, and he didn't threaten anyone. I don't know why they didn't just post a cop there and let the rally continue. I wouldn't be surprised if the cops sort of sypmathized with him, but who knows what happened up there - all my info was third hand.

Alex
Service, car #774 (RIP)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pete- Pics!

Thanks for the pics! We showed up with two cameras that didn't work! I was bummed till i saw your post- Thank You! Steve

·
Registered
73 Posts
RE: Pete- Pics!

You should give the cops more credit. They generally don't like anyone to have a shotgun but themselves. Chances are they know the person in question fairly well and would try and calm the situation. My dealings with the police in various Upstate NY scenarios has been very positive and no non sense.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Interesting...SS10 results....

Pos Car # Seed Class Driver/Co-Driver Score Int Diff Diff% MPH
1 864 7 P Juliette Rice/Nate Widtfeldt 4.29 0.00 0.00 100% 52.45
[...]

Co-driver lesson #1...review the stage times before the results are final.

·
Retired Rally Photographer
2,069 Posts

I guess it was just a local unhappy with the rally. Like someone said, he was on his own property. The DEP (Department of Environmental Protection) and State Police went up the stage to see what was going on. I don't think anything else came of it. Stage 13 did get cancelled though because of it. You'll also notice a bunch of cars on Stage 11 near the end who have the same times. Those are the cars who didn't make it through that stage.

Pete

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
RE: Rally NY, stage times awful fast

I can't find anything quickly in the rule book. But aren't these stage times awful fast? Isn't there some kind of rule about average speed? Averages of 60 and even 70 MPH?

·
Registered
18 Posts

The rally has a lot of tarmac stages, and most are very short. Some of last years speeds were incredible.

Diane

·
Registered
110 Posts

>Stage 13 did get cancelled though because of it.

Actually SS13 got cancelled because of a majority vote of the drivers. We had the option of waiting this loon out, but it was getting late and nobody really wanted to run that stage in the dark without lights...so, Ivan took a vote and we all turned in our timecards...

Emmons (DJ) Hathaway
PGT 323 GTX #812

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts

>I can't find anything quickly in the rule book. But aren't
>these stage times awful fast? Isn't there some kind of rule
>about average speed? Averages of 60 and even 70 MPH?

Canada has a rule about stage speeds, but none of those were high enough to break it (120km/h = 75mph). The FIA also has a similar rule. Those times are fast, but not out of line.

Adrian

·
600 /CR !!! R2>
450 Posts

, we were holding back! we were trying to nurse the car through the stage--think we broke the sub-frame in the rear).

We were VERY worried that the car wasn't going to last through SS13. Our hands were the first in the air when we voted to throw the stage. Even more joyous when we turned in our time cards on the spot! First finish for both of us.

Was Ivan at the start of SS13? Don't remember seeing him, but probably he was...Doc Schrader was the one who rallied the troops and led the vote. I guess he was there as an observer for the whole ProRally thing for the PRB. Anyway the "drop-dead start" was 6:15 and it was already around 5:45, and he said they'd probably end up throwing the stage anyway, so it was nearly a unanimous vote of the 27 remaining cars to pack it up and head home (I counted 3 hands who wanted to run the stage.)

You should have seen the looks on some of the locals' faces seeing a parade of race cars drive by! Couldn't make heads or tails of what was going on...

Lance Smith was driving his GpN WRX (in Open class), he was also commissioned to write a report for SCCA on how things went from the drivers' perspective.

--
JP Rowland jeremyrowland -at- mac.com
Visit my boring web page: http://homepage.mac.com/jeremyrowland
"Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else." -- Isaiah 45:22

1 - 20 of 38 Posts