Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
L6 500 R6
Joined
·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any news/rumors/lies regarding the status of the Club Rally suspension? Im beginning to feel a little bit like an orphan here.
I mean I did JOIN the SCCA and paid their DUES and PAID for a CLUB RALLY LICENSE and now their is no Club Rally.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
Heh, I can do Lies.

Official word came from the Dept. of Irreproducable facts:
"Club rally is canceled for good. We're keeping all the money.
HA! HA! This worked so well we're planning on canning Club
Racing next."

heh. Sorry ;)


I'm sure eventually Clubrally will be back on. Just have to wait and listen I'd guess.

Ed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
946 Posts
>Does anyone have any news/rumors/lies regarding the status
>of the Club Rally suspension? Im beginning to feel a little
>bit like an orphan here.
>I mean I did JOIN the SCCA and paid their DUES and PAID for
>a CLUB RALLY LICENSE and now their is no Club Rally.


I guess I find it amazing that a problem that slowly grew for nearly a decade is supposed to be resolved overnight.

SCCA has been so busy getting manufacturers & associated others to come and play (and someday perhaps a series sponsor again?), that the spectator problem was glossed over. Now the spectator problem has to be addressed and it has to be addressed NOW. It takes time to resolve a problem of this magnitude, so give them a little time, they want it resolved as badly as you do, but they have to do it in a properly ordered manner so they don't end up changing things everytime the wind blows.

Wouldn't you rather have the spectator issue dealt with ONE time and dealt with properly that ONE time? Then give them the time they need, they will get it resolved as soon as they can. Even if that is several more weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
689 Posts
Bravo Trevor , you summed up the situation perfectly. However painful we need to be patient. The pain of having a club rally license and know place to use it seems pretty miniscule compared to the pain of the families of the deceased.

Tom
 

·
L6 500 R6
Joined
·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
>Wouldn't you rather have the spectator issue dealt with ONE
>time and dealt with properly that ONE time? Then give them
>the time they need, they will get it resolved as soon as
>they can. Even if that is several more weeks.

Sure I would, but don't you think that we deserve to be kept up-to-date during the process? It's been over a month since anyone has said anything. The SCCA has customers. I am one of them. From my perspective I am paying for a sevice that has been discontinued. If I did this to my customers I wouldn't have any.

I have not suffered any loss at this point because of the suspension and may not, but I still think a month is a long time to wait for ANY feedback.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
I totally agree with Bill!
We are the customer of SCCA and we need to be serve right.
Do you really thing that SCCA will prorate your membership and license in this situation? I don't think so!
So I strongly suggest that Do Not renew your SCCA memebership and Club Rally License till this suspension is solve. I think this is fair!

Tony Dela Cuesta
Team DC Autosport
 

·
L6 500 R6
Joined
·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
>
>The PRB is meeting tonight and you may see another published
>Progress Report this week.
>
>When it is published on the SCCA website, George or I will
>create a thread with the appropriate link.

Thank you. I look forward to some official word from SCCA. There are a lot of rumors but no official word as to the future (or lack of it) of Club Rally.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
>I guess I find it amazing that a problem that slowly grew
>for nearly a decade is supposed to be resolved overnight.

So exactly what is the "problem" with closed course rally sprints? They were specifically singled out for inclusion in the suspension notice, and because this problem can't be resolved in a timely manner we loose two more Northwest ClubRally events.

A competition licensing alternative for former-ClubRally competitors is available at http://www.carsrally.ca/

Jim Culp
prorallypix.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
946 Posts
>>I guess I find it amazing that a problem that slowly grew
>>for nearly a decade is supposed to be resolved overnight.
>
>So exactly what is the "problem" with closed course rally
>sprints? They were specifically singled out for inclusion
>in the suspension notice, and because this problem can't be
>resolved in a timely manner we loose two more Northwest
>ClubRally events.
>
>A competition licensing alternative for former-ClubRally
>competitors is available at http://www.carsrally.ca/
>
>Jim Culp
>prorallypix.com

I must admit not having a chance to run the ORV sprints does bother me. I figured I could put the acura in the top 10 and perhaps top 5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
946 Posts
>>Wouldn't you rather have the spectator issue dealt with ONE
>>time and dealt with properly that ONE time? Then give them
>>the time they need, they will get it resolved as soon as
>>they can. Even if that is several more weeks.
>
>Sure I would, but don't you think that we deserve to be kept
>up-to-date during the process? It's been over a month since
>anyone has said anything. The SCCA has customers. I am one
>of them. From my perspective I am paying for a sevice that
>has been discontinued. If I did this to my customers I
>wouldn't have any.
>
>I have not suffered any loss at this point because of the
>suspension and may not, but I still think a month is a long
>time to wait for ANY feedback.

Meetings take time. Plus they implemented many things at STPR and had a chance to see how it went. You have no idea how much has been going on behind the scenes. They are working on it, just not in a visible manner. STPR spectator areas did give you some feedback.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,246 Posts
it is my opinion that we (the members) dont want a hasty temporary fix. we just want a little info on exactly what is going on so we no longer have no idea of the amount of behind the scenes work that is going on.
greg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
901 Posts
Right. So while I agree that it would be nice to be kept in the loop, as JB pointed out to me when this whole thing started going sour, our PRB folks can either spend time reassuring us that something is going to happen, or they can make something happen.

But I still agree with y'all about wanting a progress report that contains more than just buzz words and catch phrases about how something is going to happen, soon, but we can't tell you what it is or when.

As for the rallysprint thing: our rallysprints are held where no spectators can be on course. The only people I see out there are official media folks, official organizer folks, and official observer folks. All the spectators are behind the fences. So why, oh why, were rallysprints included in the suspension? Inquiring mind want to know. ORV sprints are a great time to get to know everyone, a great place for newbies to get some safe seat time and to take advantage of the wealth of experience in the form of all the other rally folks. Plus we're a semi-captive audience, and there's dueling blenders and the hoof to experience. :)

So I guess we just have to be patient; if Bjorn (hi Bjorn!) says that we'll be the first to know, I'm satisfied to hang back and wait.

:) KT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
946 Posts
>As for the rallysprint thing: our rallysprints are held
>where no spectators can be on course. The only people I see
>out there are official media folks, official organizer
>folks, and official observer folks. All the spectators are
>behind the fences. So why, oh why, were rallysprints
>included in the suspension? Inquiring mind want to know.
>ORV sprints are a great time to get to know everyone, a
>great place for newbies to get some safe seat time and to
>take advantage of the wealth of experience in the form of
>all the other rally folks. Plus we're a semi-captive
>audience, and there's dueling blenders and the hoof to
>experience. :)

Simple enough answer ultimately. NO INSURANCE for any Clubrally of any kind. No matter how simple or safe. Doesn't mean I agree with it, but no insurance, no play.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
>You have no idea how much has been going on behind the scenes.

I think this is the basis of most SCCA rally member's unease. We don't have *any* idea of what's going on, because (seemingly) no one can be bothered to tell us what's going on. Fill us in, please!
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top