Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are going to make the jouney to Wellsboro for the first time to check out STPR. We've been looking at the local joints and there aren't a lot of good reviews online. I'm usually skeptical about online reviews though because they're usually angry people exagerating how bad things are because they have unreal expectations of staying in 5-diamopnd hotels all the time or they're owners exagerating how great they are and how no one has ever had an issue in the last 700 years.

Rally people are reasonable. Any recomendations for the local lodging? Are they really as bad as the reviews online or are there any decent places to stay that aren't going to cost a fortune? I'm not going to spend $150 a night for just a bed to sleep in.

Cabins aren't going to work very well for us because it's just the two of us. Maybe int he future when we bring more people...

I've never had this much trouble trying to find lodging. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
79 Posts
First thing is Finding a room. Rooms in Wellsboro are generally scarce on Rally weekend. None of the places in Wellsboro are great / modern. Penn Wells Hotel is a classic - hot water on Sunday has not been a problem the last few years, and the Penn Wells Lodge is fine. If you want modern you can stay in Mansfield, there are one or two new hotels near 15. I have not heard of anything that is below rural rally standards, but I'm sure someone will now point out which are.

·
No, your other left!
922 Posts
Penn Wells Lodge is expanding, and also increasing rates *again*. $199 a night! No thank you. The service has always been terrible, and I can't justify it anymore.

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Um, at this date, most people are just trying to find anyplace to stay.

Number of stars doesn't enter into the decision.............

Definitely - ymmv

press on,

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
The Canyon is decent and decent prices (at least was last year). They probably don't have any rooms but it never hurts to try. Best bet is Mansfield. Theres several new motels there in the last couple of years. Some people have stayed in Williamsport but that's a little bit of a haul.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We called around the other day (when I posted this) and there were still some rooms left at a few of the hotels. Camping is probably a decent option by the time June rolls around, but I kind of like having electricity and running water on rally weekends. It's hard to beat the price though - especially with gas around $4 a gallon and having a 24hour round trip in the Xterra.

Thanks for the replies so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts