Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chatted to John Dillon about the restrictor issue yesterday at Treeline.

His suggestion was a letter (or petition?) to Sue and Doug Robinson outlining the issues facing Open class drivers/owners having to detune their cars even more with a 34mm restrictor.

Are there enough Club 4WD Open class competitors out there to justify an anti - restrictor petition?

Steve #344

·
Marketing through Motorsports
1,385 Posts
>Chatted to John Dillon about the restrictor issue ...

and other topics!

>His suggestion was a letter (or petition?) to Sue ...

More specifically, I suggested a letter to the PRB (via Sue, the SCCA's point of contact) expressing his concerns and wishes. In short, I suggested that he "go through channels" in addition to expressing his opinions on this board.

I encourage everyone, regardless of position, to contact the PRB/SCCA about issues important to them. Personally, I share my input with everyone here as well. It tends to encourage, um, er, "discussion." }>

How's that for P.C.?

[hr]

[p align=right]John Dillon
John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com

·
Registered
724 Posts
34mm restrictor is just a matter of time any petition would just delay the inevitable frankly. Eventually the US will have to be brought in line with the rest of the world and the first steps is to get the regulations stable and close to other sanctioning bodies. I think a better proposal would be to agree to a freeze for a few years on any engine related rules changes that way at least if you change then you will not worry about the rules changing again so quickly.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Well I actually think it is a bit too late.
The rule passed last year with a 1 year waiting period to give everyone a change to do some reserach on what they need to do to
their cars.

I am afraid that at this point not even the PRB can do anything about the restrictors. But John is right, petition won't do you any good. Just send your letters to the PRB through Sue Robinson, to the Board of Directors and Risk Management.

-george

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
>Well I actually think it is a bit too late.
>The rule passed last year with a 1 year waiting period to
>give everyone a change to do some reserach on what they need
>to do to
>their cars.
>

That is what I was told, so that means 34mm for Open is effective for 2005 unless PRB rescinds?

Glenn

·
Registered
60 Posts
No restrictors in open class, that is why I built my car for open class because it was open. Lets start a new class istead and call it Grandma class.}>

·
Registered
590 Posts
BTDT and as far as I could tell, my comments fell on deaf ears at the other end.

You'd be hard pressed to convince me that the decision had not been made long before the beginning of the 'comment period' based on the content and timing of the releases (or should I say *trickle* of information from HQ on the subject)

Maybe its time to go play at hill climbs and track days

I'm fed up with the perpetual tweaking of the rules and paying for the 'tweak of the week'

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts