Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday in the Rallye du Condroz (the last round of the european championship) a driver went off into the crowd (standing on top of an embankment) after losing it over a jump. that is very very sad. www.condrozrally.be

·
Registered
202 Posts
Babelfish translation of press release

A Babelfish translation of the PDF press release:

Press release ES 3 Exit of road of the competitor n° 30 In the third special test, the competitor n° 30 left the road and ran up against a group of witnesses. Four people were touched, without gravity for three d?entres they. The fourth victim was héliportée in the hospital complex of Liege. The medical department specifies that its state is stabilized. Following this accident, l?épreuve special was neutralized and the following competitors were directed towards l?itinéraire of deviation.

Press release of the direction of race Following l?accident occurred in the special one of Are worth-Borset (ES3), Motor Club of Huy and the RACB Sport has sadness d?annoncer the death d?un young witness, in spite of fast l?intervention of the d?un transfer and first-aid organizations héliporté towards l?hôpital of Citadel (CHU) of Liege. L?organisator and national sporting l?autority s?associent with the pain of the family.

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
>Yesterday in the Rallye du Condroz (the last round of the
>european championship) a driver went off into the crowd
>(standing on top of an embankment) after losing it over a
>jump. that is very very sad. www.condrozrally.be

I had been spectating on that stage, a couple of miles down from where the incident took place. We left after about 20 cars, so we heard the news on the radio as we were driving to the next stage (my French isn't that good, but I understood what the announcers were saying).

Apparently there is a big fast jump that is popular with the spectators. The story I heard was that a wheel broke when the car landed, and it veered off the road.

A very unfortunate incident.

But that rally absolutely rocks for spectating! I will try to get some pictures posted as soon as I can (my digital ones are on a computer elsewhere in Oregon and my 35mm ones have to be developed).

Ben

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
>How was Rally GB?

It was exciting to watch, but very frustrating in other respects. Lots of traffic, some long walks from the car to the stages, but I knew going into it to expect that. Those top drivers are impressively fast, and the Super 1600 cars require a lot of commitment to go fast.

I hope to write a little travelogue to talk about my experiences at Rally GB and Condroz, to appear on this web site eventually.

Ben

1 - 6 of 6 Posts