Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've got a vid clip here, shows how many people were there very clearly...

Edit:
Sorry, had to take it offline, 185 hits on that file since I posted it, too much bandwidth.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Nice pic! The fans in Canada rock! I have to second Doug's comment about US spectators being quiet at Maine Forest.

I've just been working with some raw video that a friend took at a couple of spectator spots. Very little cheering or excitement at all. Almost looks like they were watching a tennis match...

I've only specated a couple of times, but both times were in Canada. We spectated at Charlevoix after DNF'ing and then at Castledine's at Tall Pines after yet another DNF. Castledine's was awesome! Surreal is the best word for it. Clear cool night with stars out. Thousands of rabid fans who were cheering, cooking and chatting amongst themselves-awesome! :)

Cheers! John

·
"Go fast then bah bah bah"
222 Posts
Pines 03 was really intense!

I can still hear the roar of the 1000's in the crowd when I rolled the car on the 90 right. Then everytime I see the video it just makes the experience all that more enjoyable.

-Tim

·
Registered
378 Posts
08-11-04, 10:54 AM (PST)

"Another reason that Canada is a great place to rally"

[font size="1" color="red"]edit: for syntax and comic effect[/font]

ral·ly1 ( P ) [link:dictionary.reference.com/help/ahd4/pronkey.html|Pronunciation Key ](rl)
v. ral·lied, ral·ly·ing, ral·lies

v. tr.
[blockquote]1. To spank it "wicket haahd"
2. To call together for a common purpose; assemble: rally troops at a parade ground.
3. To reassemble and restore to order: rally scattered forces.
4. To rouse or revive from inactivity or decline: paused to refresh themselves and rally their strength.[/blockquote]

v. intr.[blockquote]1. To rally: another reason that Canada is a great place
2.To come together for a common purpose.
3. To join in an effort for a common cause: ?In the terror and confusion of change, society rallied round the kings? (Garrett Mattingly).
4. To recover abruptly from a setback or disadvantage: The stock market declined, then rallied. The home team rallied in the ninth inning to win the game.
5. To show sudden improvement in health or spirits.
6. Sports. To exchange several strokes before a point is won, as in tennis.[/blockquote]

n. pl. ral·lies[blockquote]1. A gathering, especially one intended to inspire enthusiasm for a cause: a political rally.
2. A reassembling, as of dispersed troops. The signal ordering this reassembly.
3. An abrupt recovery from a setback or disadvantage.
4. A sharp improvement in health, vigor, or spirits.
5. A notable rise in stock market prices and trading volume after a decline.
6. Sports.
A. An exchange of strokes in a court game such as tennis or volleyball, ending when one side fails to make a good return and resulting in a point or the loss of service.
B. A competition in which automobiles are driven over public roads and under normal traffic regulations but with specified rules as to speed, time, and route.[/blockquote]

Ô Canadia!

Ton histoire est une épopée des plus brillants exploits!

-Isaac

·
Registered
149 Posts
HOLY CRAP !!!

I can't believe how WIDE that Brule road looks in that picture and how "NARROW" it seems and how "CLOSE" those cement blocks were when I went through there at speed }> }> I know... totally off topic... but it just struck me funny...

Quig.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
>Man I want to do a rally up there. Just a long way from San
>Diego.
>
>-george

You bring me some Wahoo's fish Tacos and I'll buy your beer when you get here!:)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Canadians' dirty laundry is sent to the government with an SASE, considered, cleaned, and returned with a note as to legislative reforms that followed from that load.

No legislative reform that does not exactly reflect a legislative reform initiated in the FIA can be passed without a certified engineer's opinion as to the design.

That's just being Canadian.

We're seeing the american sausage get made. We've had a few exciting meetings in Canada too, although I've never seen protests as I've seen in the States (and in Europe, by the way).

I do see on RSQuebec that the drivers have just unionized. I'm not kidding.

ACP
Flirting with the laws of physics.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The best part about Camp Brule' is just over driving your fool head off!

I remember approaching the spectator point, driving fairly hard...in the pitch black...then you see this glow of light, and you make the turn and see nothing but LIGHTS and PEOPLE!

Now we went from warp 9.5 to warp 15 on the reactor.

I remember complete opposite lock and lots of camera's. We then nailed the acute right, up hill and were gone.

I think the next straight away was the discussion between me and Dave. "That was pretty cool." "Yeah, I was waving at the spectators."

Brian

·
Registered
77 Posts
RE: Another GREAT reason that Canada is a great place to Spectate

Hmm...

In none of the pictures of the Camp Brule spectator corner, can you see the booth where the beer is being sold!

Can you imagine how beer sales at a spectator area would go over at an American rally?

Frank de Kat

·
Faster !!!!
768 Posts
RE: Another GREAT reason that Canada is a great place to Spectate

;)
Another GREAT reason why I Wish I could do ALL my
events in Eastern Canada ....
>
>
>Hmm...
>
>Can you imagine how beer sales at a spectator area would go
>over at an American rally?
>
:+ That depends on if you are a spectator, lawyer, organizer
insurance agent, or politician ....
:+

See y'all at Defi ....
...... gettin' psyched .... WAAAAAYYYYYYY PSYCHED !

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
RE: Doing what?

Dave:

What's going on? No entries for Defi from the United States (Bacon is entered, but for Suzuki Canada). The seeded draw is only 4 days away.

Doug Woods

1 - 20 of 24 Posts