Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suppose you've all seen Little E's fire. Scary! Tonight on the news they showed it again. Tom Brokaw said Earnhardt was "practicing for a rally"!!! It's said no publicity is bad publicity, but I wonder.

RCF
formerly BeeDriver
now I am Ballast

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
Someone should tell NBC news they done messed up to get a retraction, that would be more productive, maybe I'll do it....

Edit: I did it.

Sent to [email protected] the contact e-mail listed on the NBC nightly news website.

"On the July 19, 2004, broadcast of the Nightly News with Tom Brokaw it was reported that Dale Earnhardt Jr. was practicing for a rally when he crashed his Corvete C5-R this past Sunday in the morning practice for the American LeMans Series race. This was stated in error as Mr. Earnhardt and his representatives have stated in many other outlets he was taking advantage of his weekend off from the NASCAR Netxtel Cup to practice and devellop his road racing skills. While we in the performance rally community appreciate the mention of our sport in such a wide reaching media outlet, the statement was made in error as Mr. Earnhardt was not practicing for a rally event.

Thank you,

Kevin Hahn"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts