Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This would be right up Mike Hurst's alley....

....and it would probably boost spectator interest in the sport, especially in the South.

Someone really needs to build a "General Lee" rally car!

Yeah, it would probably be horrible to actually drive, and I wouldn't expect much chance of it being competitive. But the crowd would love the "offs"!

Pete Gossett
:p

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
General Lee

In Sperryville, VA in the foothills of the Shenadoah mountains is a tourist attraction named 'Cooters'. http://www.cootersplace.com/
There is always a General Lee '69 Dodge Charger displayed in front. Ben Jones, the actor who played Cooter is the owner of the business. Now, if it were Daisy Duke's, I'd be stopping. ;)
Anyway, last time thru there, there was some kinda Dukes of Hazzard festival or reunion and in the fields behind Cooter's store was what looked like a carnival and car show and there were at least 30 General Lee replicas displayed in the fairgrounds. Yeehaw! Didn't have time to stop, but was pretty cool to see from the highway.

Rosco P. Coletrain, Gggggggg

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
>This would be right up Mike Hurst's alley....
>
> "General Lee" rally car!
>

I didn't build the mustang because I was trying to make a political statement.

I built the mustang because it was the best I could do, speed per dollar, and my shop was full of cast/off ford parts from other projects.

I couldn't grow a mullet if I wanted to.

A '69 Charger rally car would be lame, but a black and white '74 Dodge Royal Monaco might be ok...}>

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>A '69 Charger rally car would be lame, but a black and white
>'74 Dodge Royal Monaco might be ok...}>

Mike;

You're sick...;-) (well, we knew that, but this is just more proof).
How about a Black Trans-Am, complete with dead chicken logo on the hood...

Adrian

·
Registered
630 Posts

Yeah, its got Cop tires, Cop brakes, Cop shocks, and it runs good on regular gas.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
>>This would be right up Mike Hurst's alley....
>>
>> "General Lee" rally car!
>>
>
>I didn't build the mustang because I was trying to make a
>political statement.
>
>I built the mustang because it was the best I could do,
>speed per dollar, and my shop was full of cast/off ford
>parts from other projects.

Don't worry Mike, I didn't mean to imply anything like that. I just meant that if anyone could handle a high HP, RWD/V8 "beast", it would be you!

>
>I couldn't grow a mullet if I wanted to.

You know, for some odd reason I find myself with an ever-increasing desire to grow one, myself.....and I didn't even like them back in the 80's!?!?!?

>

You know, after reading your comment about the Monaco, and the comments elsewhere about the Blues Brothers rally briggade, I'm starting to think that having a fleet of drivers in ex-police sedans sounds like a decent idea. Besides, if we keep the ligh bars & required them to be "on" while on stage, we could probably film enough "Police Chase" videos to keep Fox and all the other networks/movie studios busy for years! :9

Pete Gossett

·
Registered
151 Posts
>I'm starting to think that having a fleet of
>drivers in ex-police sedans sounds like a decent idea.

Bonus: If the locals are gullible enough, y'might not even need marshals, organizers, entry fees, transit stages or landowners' consent!}> }>

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
>Bonus: If the locals are gullible enough, y'might not even
>need marshals, organizers, entry fees, transit stages or
>landowners' consent!}> }>

Geez, that just might work here for a tarmac rally thru the streets of Washington DC. Everyone start building police cars.

I moved to DC because I was told there is a rally here every week. It wasn't till later that I learned what a political rally was and that there are no rallycars.:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts