Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all,

Who is going the win the World Championship?? Its wide open I would say. Well:) Have Fun and A good day.

" Off to the gravel"

David

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think it's going to be Sainz. He's got a lot more experience than the other two combined in the RGB. He's got a now-proven car that can win on gravel. He's won the event twice, and has a bunch more podiums there.

I'm sure Solberg and Loeb will be Champions one day. They're just too good not to be. But this year, it's going to be El Matador!

I just think it's extremely RUDE of the RGB organizers, though, to put their Championship-deciding event on the same weekend that I have to be out at the Kananaskis Rally.............;)

·
Registered
213 Posts
>
>Sainz, except that he's jinxed with late-season engine
>failures, most famously on the rally GB.

Yes, it was deja-vu all over again, watching Sainz's electrics die on the last stage of Catalunya. Fortunately, he got it going again, but it lost him some valuable points...

·
Registered
183 Posts
That's too bad - lucky for me, I'm flying over there specifically to see this one. Got all my maps and tickets and accomodation and rental car and everything else lined up. I'll try to get some pics posted online when we get back.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
>That's too bad - lucky for me, I'm flying over there
>specifically to see this one. Got all my maps and tickets
>and accomodation and rental car and everything else lined
>up. I'll try to get some pics posted online when we get
>back.

Make sure that you do not exceed the speed limit in your rental car in the area where the rally is being held. From what I hear, it seems like almost every photo radar in GB is deployed by the police at this event.

Doug Woods

·
Registered
789 Posts
1.Petter
2.Burns
3.Sainz
4.Loeb

I Will root for Carlos, but he is truly snake bit at this British Rally; goes far beyond the Corolla's motor blowing up.

Petter won last year,and he will have a "cooperating" team mate.

Can't say the same for Burns. Marcus will be going all out for the win!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Well, if Marcus goes out like he did last year, he won't be around at the end to help or hurt Richard (unless his car blocks the road).........:p

·
Registered
151 Posts
King Carlos!!

;-)

How cool would it be to have him win championships over a decade apart?

.... and to think he was almost without a ride in the past few years!!!

}> :9

·
Registered
183 Posts
>>That's too bad - lucky for me, I'm flying over there
>>specifically to see this one. Got all my maps and tickets
>>and accomodation and rental car and everything else lined
>>up. I'll try to get some pics posted online when we get
>>back.
>
>Make sure that you do not exceed the speed limit in your
>rental car in the area where the rally is being held. From
>what I hear, it seems like almost every photo radar in GB is
>deployed by the police at this event.

Yes, I've heard that from many sources. I've got the official list of static cameras, and marked them on my maps, but like you say, they have a ton of mobile units too.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have to say I'm favoring Solberg. Everyone else (other than Sainz) seems to be doing a fantastic job of pulling defeat out of the jaws of victory. Solberg has matured a LOT and the Subaru team seems to be perfect. I think he may have found the groove that Gronholm has benefited from over the last few years.

Sainz and Solberg will be neck and neck, but Petter's a little faster, and the luck seems to be running his way.

andy

·
Registered
789 Posts
>1.Petter
>2.Burns
>3.Sainz
>4.Loeb
>
>I Will root for Carlos, but he is truly snake bit at this
>British Rally; goes far beyond the Corolla's motor blowing
>up.