Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished rim on friday COefficient (wrong spelling)3 I believe I went to Ridgecrest so I completed a seminar but we DNF on Saturday did I do enough to get out of seed 8?? ALso we are listed as DNF on friday because we finished three stages but we were told to go back at stage four because a course worker was ill? Soory but this is my first rally and I am a little confused?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess according to the rules I am a seed 7 since I finished a club rally CO-efficient 3 and finished ridgecrest so seed 7 but I am listed as DNF on friday even though they stopped the event?? if anyone can shed some light please let me know.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Friday was coef 2 club rally. You might want to contact the organizers and see why you are listed as DNF for the Friday event.

-george

·
Registered
483 Posts
make sure you look at the "results" and not the stage times. the results should be accurate, but it looks like the organizer's stage times spreadsheet will list anyone who did not complete all the stages as a DNF.

I think the bigger question is "was friday still a Coeff. 2 rally even though some of the stages where cancelled?" likewise for Saturday? I looked ar the rulebook and was unable to get a clear answer there (imagine that).

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
>I think the bigger question is "was friday still a Coeff. 2
>rally even though some of the stages where cancelled?"
>likewise for Saturday? I looked ar the rulebook and was
>unable to get a clear answer there (imagine that).

Once a rally is sanctioned, it retains that sanction and its coefficient, even though the required mileage is not run. This has been true for many years...Rim was not the first rally to lose a few stages to force majeur.

Bruce

·
Registered
483 Posts
Thanks for the clarification Bruce. I figured this has happend before, but didn't see, in the rulebook, how "force majeur" would be applied here (I could see that it applies, just couldn't find instruction for the application of). I guess in this case "force majeur" actually benifited a few competitors...

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
If you finished all the stages that were run for the event, then you should have 'finished' the event. I can only wonder if you failed turn in your timecards somewhere later, in order to be scored. If that is the case, then you did not finish.

Assuming you did all the right things, and really were scored, then you officially finished, and should be seed 7, along with the other seminar, as long as it is counted as a 'school' as mentioned in the rules.

I would keep any documents that show you officially finished this rally, and any evidence of finishing the school, to take to the next events. If you are listed as seed 8 there, you should be albe to get that corrected at the event to seed 7 if you can show the evidence.

Also, check with the 'keeper' of the seed list (Is this still John McArther???), to make sure your seed list on the SCCA Performance Rally site is updated.

Mark B.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
As every competitor knows, there was a breakdown of the scoring computer on Friday night. Mike managed the monumental task of reconstructing everything so that results could be posted. However, there were errors, and as I cannot stress enough, IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH COMPETITOR TO VERIFY THE ACCURACY OF HIS/HER SCORES!

I found an error in my scores and had it corrected. Once the 30 min. review period has passed, and results are declared official, thay cannot be changed, even if you won but were listed as DNF.

·
Registered
483 Posts
relax...

The official results have you listed as 37th of 49 finishers on friday. Only the stage times show you as a DNF, and we all now know that there was a problem with the program...

Congrats on getting out of seed 8.

See you at Gorman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts