Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... so I caught the end of the BBC news last night and they did a story on the Raelians, the sect that has been on the news lately for announcing the first cloned human being. They also believe that humans are descendants of aliens. They showed their leader, and said that he was into car racing. They then proceeded to show him driving down a start ramp in what looked like a rally-prepped GTI! :eek:

So I did a search on the net for more info, and sure enough the guy claims he met the Aliens that told him all his info when he was on his way home from the 1973 Corsica Rally! :7

The BBC story said that he still races... man, if only Hyundai were still doing their celebrity drives in the production car... :p

Here is the more detailed story:

http://www.post-gazette.com/columnists/20011117roddy1117p5.asp

·
Registered
250 Posts
I don't know about you, but I think we should try to keep this story quiet. I'm sure enough people think we're crazy already for spending lotsa cash racing cars sideways in the woods for no prize money. I don't think we should give them hard evidence of our sanity (or lack thereof) for being associated with the Raelians.

"Beam my up Scotty."

Greg,
Crew Chief
1989 GTX #291

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat!!!

<edit> typo yet again... :+

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're probably right...

Anyway, I think there's a lesson to be learned there... stay away from craters when you're going home from a rally. :)

Oh, and Mike, don't hit any spaceships out on the stages! }>

·
R2- 50...WAIT! Make a left!
258 Posts
One liners...

Once a Rallyer, now a Raelier.

Once a car nut, now just a nut.

Gotta like one part of his belief system, tho....No, not the one about the alien...nor the one about cloning humans.

I'd bet to know him would be pretty annoying. Given a chance to 'express' himself, he would do it over and over and over and over....

"Elohim"....sounds like a group of songs from the '70s ...E-L-O-hymn. Actually, it seems like all his stuff came from the '70s...and what they *did* in the 70s.

I can't understand why his wife wouldn't stick around. Isn't power supposed to be the ultitimate aphrodisiac? I mean, this guy who has followers in 84 countries and wants an embassy ...(just not for anybody in those 84 countries).

Thought he was a b*st*rd...umm, guess he still is one, eh?

(I didn't hear any rimshots, there, Max...)

·
R2- 50...WAIT! Make a left!
258 Posts
RE: One liners...

Miggins', Lovell's, & Lagemann's '02 ride.

Coincidence or clones? :p

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,633 Posts
Let's see, 1973. Obviously, the Raelean leader was a young man "experimenting" with the wrong kind of LSD (not the kind in your in your race car, but the kind on your sugar cube). I can see it now:

"Ze car, she is not getting enough grip, I need LSD"

Oops!

The rest is history.

·
Registered
80 Posts

I saw him 3 years ago at the Ice-racing event in Sherbrooke,Quebec. He was driving a Verturi 400. He came in last place. Actually he never started.( How's he going to build a UFO if he can't build a racecar?) Anyhow it was wierd, his fellow Raelins were handing out information about UFOs. He even had this white space suit on. I'm sure you've seen it on TV. Looks like a super duper Sparco Race Suit. Dual purpose I guess..Jump out of the UFO and in to the racecar??

Anyways heres a link to that event...
http://www.challengecanada.com/retro/99/indexa.html

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Funny that you mention that... I was going to post a picture of the guy and say how could I get a race suit like that? If nothing else, at least one North American rallyist has been prominent in the mainstream news media recently! :D

·
Registered
229 Posts

Let's keep this on the lowdown... he's not as good for publicity as Hans Blix was, but that's not to say he wouldn't be a funny guy to have around at rallies. Anyone got his number? My dog's getting old...

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,633 Posts

Chattanooga RE William (Bill) Perry reports competing against him at the Moroso 24 hours.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts