Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arizona Extreme Shortcourse Rally has been changed from July 13th to September 14th.

Quite a few competitors has voted that we change the date and glad for the option. Now they do not have to wonder how they can get their rally cars back here from STPR or how to enter back to back events. So tis time only I was able to change the date since the Motorsport Park will not have any event that would interfere with the stages.

So thank all of you for your input and look forward to seeing you out to the event. Checkt he event website and FB page for further updates and we will keep you up to date here as well...

Thank you...

Denise McMahon
Organizer
AER

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So an extra two months of out of region spam? :)
HEY, you are part of the SW region so you are not out of region....:)

I take care of the Colorado teams...ask Andy, Cameron, Johann, Micahel Bond, Michael McKenna...etc. Great bunch of guys..and hope to hear and see more of them and maybe you Grant?

They keep telling me thanks Denise of thinking about us....so I will keep spamming away...hahahahahaha

Take care Grant and hope to see you someday.

·
Official pre-sweep vehicle
419 Posts
I think Grant is talking about this sub-forum, which is listed as so: "Mountain (CO, NM, UT, WY, MT)", not whatever racing region it's in.

Cheers,
Anders
So maybe the problem is with the black and white nature of the sub-forum. The Mendocino Rally, a Pacific Southwest event, has entries from Colorado, Arizona, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, and California. I would rather see an announcement for an event I am not entering than miss an announcement for an event that I might want to enter.

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
2,835 Posts
That's why we have this awesome sub-forum called "event announcements", that way you just have to look in one place. ;)

If we subscribed to the convention of "post where racers come from" rather than the current "post where the event is", then for every RA national, one would expect that they would post in every. single. forum. Since racers had come from there before. When you take it to that extreme, the silliness is revealed. :)

Anders

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
14 threads on first page, 4 alone for az nonrally thing...
Not that hardly anyone comes to this forum anymore unfortunately, but annoying that those that do only see mostly spam.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Arizona is a rally...it has a stage control, etc.

So why is it consider spam? We are trying to promote our events. Colorado teams come to Desert Storm, Mendocino and other SW events. I take care of the Colorado teams as well as Jim does...

I am sorry that you think event promoting is spam...

Not everyone goes to the event annoucements...Colorado is part of the SW region...

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Just on the front page, 4 threads you've started related to AZ Extreme Rally, 6 Related to Desert Storm.
The occasional relevant posts make sense, you are taking it to a level of spam is all I am saying.
How is your retention of Colorado competitors over time? I know a few years ago people were doing your series in the hopes of winning the Team O Neil award. I know at least one person that was doing any event he could to get coefficients so he could build a blue Subaru.
I guess since 2 of the 9 competitors at Desert Storm were from Colorado it could be said that you almost have more support for your events from Colorado than from actual SW states, CA/NV/AZ/NM.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, wow...I actually had 3 more Colorado teams coming but due to they could not get their cars done in time and withdrew...and one become a co-driver for one of the teams and I help that guy to get a co-driver and paid for his license so that team could be able to compete.

Maybe it is a little bit more but I counted by other events they have about 4 event promoting in diffrent areas of this website. Good for them..they are trying to promote their events with different topics.

But why am I being attacked? I have not done anything wrong? II have never been rude to anyone in public and I work my butt off to put on events and I am being attacked?

But I will do this Grant..I will keep to the Colorado forum to one thread on each event...does that make you happy? I am saying that in a normal voice here.

But several teams from Colorado tell me we support SW events no matter if it is CRS or SWRC or NASA or RA.

That is all I am saying...if I have updates to Colorado teams I will keep it to one of the established threads.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Denise keep doing what your doing!!
I personally like having event news posted in the different regions surrounding the event. Especially if there are special incentives for out of region teams to come out and race. It also helps to give out special event notices on other region forums, so people that haven't been watching the main event forum thread closely can find information quickly. Instead of skimming through a few pages of competitor and organizer posts on event main thread to find important information.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We are announcing the brand new classes added in the SW region for this event via approval by Rally America:

1800 - Prerunner

USAC has approved Rally America's sanction of the Arizona Extreme Rally to include these classes conforming to BITD Competition Regulations. Only the above classes have been approved. These vehicles will not be subject to Rally America articles 5, 6, and 10.

Already several off-road teams are gearing up for this to learn rallying and meet to become friends with rally teams.

Jim Beaver of the Down and Dirty Show and Matt Martielli of Mad Media and Owner of Mint 400 are discussing to team up and enter the event. They are ready to have fun in rallying.

Denise McMahon
Organizer
Arizona Extreme Short Course Rally

1 - 12 of 12 Posts