Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tommi Makinen lost a wheel during SS6 and retired from Acropolis.

Looks like the ranking going into Saturday's stages will be Martin (Ford), Loix (Hyundai), McRae (Ford), Rovanpera (Peugeot), Sainz (Ford), Burns (Peugeot), Gronholm (Peugeot), Schwarz (Hyundai), Loeb (Citroen) and Radstrom (Citroen). Arai is 13th, the best of the Subarus.

Halley ...
http://www.realautosport.com

·
Registered
7 Posts
The starting position really matters on Acropolis. Grönholm said there
absolutely no grip on most stages. I really wish they can work out
somekind of a solution to solve this road clearer problem.

Makinen suffered from brake problems all the time and a broken power
steering before the whole damn wheel came off.
Hopefully tomorrow will see the real drivers getting the credit they deserve. ;)

·
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What a difference a day makes ...

With Saturday's final stage running at the moment the leaderboard is WAY different than Friday's rankings. McRae's Focus is leading and the top six are nicely arrayed with about 20 seconds between each position (how'd they do that?). Burns & Gronholm's Peugeots are next in the order and then comes the Sainz Ford. Loix has managed to keep his Hyundai near the top in fifth while Rovanpera helped Peugeot fill half the points-paying positions in sixth. Petter remains the top Subaru in 8th while overnight leader Martin is 9th.

Halley ...

·
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RE: What a difference a day makes ...

He jumped my case during the last round of the WRC because I spilled the beans about Tommi's spectacular roll. Rather than argue the philosophy of tape-delayed bad news I deleted the offending post and simply wanted to warn him away from learning more tape-delayed bad news this round.

:eek:

Halley ...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks Mike...

Sorry, I didn't mean to be harsh the first time around, I just love watching it play out on TV... Heartbreak for Markko- I was hoping he'd win!!

Regards,
Ramana

·
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RE: Thanks Mike...

No problem! The post I made then was in the wrong conference and I was just trying to help out the other SpeedChannel-less amongst us.

Just yanking your chain this go 'round! Welcome to the fraternity! Catch me at Ojibwe and tell you a great Thumper-as-a-pup story (or ask Lawler, I let him in on it while we were in line for the buffet at LSPR 2000). And since the story began in Minnesota it would be all the more appropriate shared there!

:+

Halley ...

·
Straight At "T"
297 Posts

>Sorry, I didn't mean to be harsh the first time around, I
>just love watching it play out on TV... Heartbreak for
>Markko- I was hoping he'd win!!
>
>Regards,
>Ramana

Take THIS, you cranky old man! ;)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts

You know Ramana, it was a gentle slope and you would have ended up right at your service truck!:+

·
Registered
38 Posts

That's what I keep telling everyone, but they don't beleive me.

As for you Doug, are you sure you still want me to shakedown your car?!

-Ramana

·
Straight At "T"
297 Posts

Wilks said he turned down the boost by 0.3 bar (no idea how many PSI that is) :( so my car will be ever so slightly less fun until they figure something out for the heads.

I still don't think you can fit in there with the seating position as it is, but if you can, I know you're a good man for the job. Uhm, there aren't any cliffs in Detroit, are there? ;)

-Doug

P.S. - Has anybody mentioned to Kurt how to pronounce your name correctly yet?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts