Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I remember correctly, when the stage note system was started, there was talk about calculating/tracking the accident rate to compare pre-notes crash rates vs. notes crash rates at the same venues. I'd LOVE to see this data. This data would help end speculation as to if notes were really a safer way to rally (or if teams were just using the notes to go faster with the same amount of risk as before).

If there is no data, do any of you rallymasters have a good feel for this now that you've run your events on notes a few times? Ojibwe is the Pro event most familiar to me, and we still had plenty of off-road excursions/wrecked cars this year.

Jim Cox

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Calculating and tracking accident/crash rates (pre-notes vs. with notes at the same venues) would certainly be interesting, but we would probably have to have run stage notes for e.g. 5+ years of 10+ events per year for the data to be statistically significant (both to allow a worthwhile number of events, and to allow competitors time to adjust to them). A year or two is too small a sample to make statistically accurate analysis from. Not saying this shouldn't be done - I agree that it is worthwhile analysis. Just that we should be careful of drawing possibly incorrect conclusions.

HTH.

=============================================================================

Web site : www.SoCalRally.com
Sponsors : www.VwSpecialties.com www.Parts4VWs.com

Rally - I don't need no stinkin' epi pen to get my adrenalin rush !!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts