Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove by Rim of the world fairground a couple weeks ago, there was a uge fairground going on. They must be at least 30 000 people there. So my question is for any rally organizer, would it be possible to scheduel rallys at the same time and having service and if possible a special stage at a fair? rally could be a supporting attraction to a fair, that way we could attract new fans big exposure to the sponsors etc.... If we can't do it with a fair about any other big event happening in a town like rodeo, festival, other type of race etc.... Right now rally can't support itsef as a the main attraction, maybe if we are a side attraction to an event it might work.
That way you don't have to pay more money to get exposure.
I know it might be a pain in the butt for organizer to coordinate there scheduel with an other event but it will be a lot of free exposure.
I'm sure there is some kind of event going on during the year at any towns rally is going right now.

·
Global Village Idiot
543 Posts
I was thinking along the same lines when I was at the LA County Fair last Saturday. There seemed to be an awful lot of vendor stalls and displays, and not so many games. It could be great publicity if we could have a couple of cars there with a few rally folks to chat with the crowds, little TV's showing rally vids etc... Something like the displays that we have had previously at Auto Shows. Not sure how much we'd be charged though.
This is the kind of thing I will be trying to take my car to when I eventually finish it! (By which time it may be a novelty since we'll all be driving flying cars by then, the way things are going!!)

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've always been a believer that rally events should be attached to other, better attended events. We would run rallycrosses at BeaveRun when other race events were happening and always attract new faces to spectate. We even got a few autocrossers to try it! Most of them don't want to get their cars dirty though!

Combine that idea with entry fees partially subsidised by a "presenting" sponsor (as in, "The Lake Superior Pro Rally, presented by Dodge" ) and we could have a winning combination!

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
We were talking about doing this for the Pike's Peak stages on some roads directly behind the facility that the drift competition is held at on Sunday. Would work great. But the roads turned out to be recently developed to provide more homes for the influx of people to the area.
The hard part is finding a location and event. Yes, a rally held with something like a moto-cross competition or such would be great, but difficult to implement. Whoa. Put some cool dirt jumps off to the side of Portland Intl' Raceway and invite the Super Motard guys out to run the stages after the cars. Do a cross over where the Moto guys jump over the rally cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts