Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find the specialstage forum a great service to the rally community to discuss all these matters about what happened to the agreements we had between CARS and sponsors of the series which will hopefully prevent the same mistakes from being repeated in the future.

HOWEVER, one thing is to discuss stuff from the past as a reference while one gives some constructive suggestions on how things could posible be done different in the future and another is to discuss things from the past which disclose names and worse yet the conditions under which certain contracts and agreements were dome between out governing body and PR firms and sponsors.
Discussing such details might be esential for our sport members so that they can find out what happened, realize how to do things better in the future and place, not blame, but responsibility were that responsibility is due, but it also exposes our faults and weaknesses to the entire general public which could consit of potential future sponsors and competitors to our series/sport (other motorsports) some which would like nothing better than see us fall on our face.x(

I am not saying that people have done that, but I certainly have a lot of questions I would like to ask to some members of this forum which seem to be much better informed than the average lisence holder, question that I would like all to now the answers to but answers that probably should not be posted here for the whole world to see.

So, since I like to practice what I preach, my constructive suggestion is that, with todays easiness of technology, a rally forum be formed where one can only become a member (register)by giving his/her rally license. Event organizers and Board members could have an assigned number given by the forum administrator, this way by being able to participate, no one will have an excuse for not asking or replying to serious questions by saying "we do not post such things on public forums". All kinds of professional organizations use these methods of comunication.

The site should have some strong rules about non disclosure of what is being discussed on the forum outside the sport with a penalty of permanent ban from the site if a forum memeber "copies and pastes" something from the forum on another public board.

This way we can all openly discuss all the important information that we all, lisence holders,event organizers and board members, should know and should pass on among ourselves without fearing that we are posting all our dirty laundry for all the world to see.;)

I will be suggesting this on our Rallywest AGM this weekend.

what do you think? good idea? bad idea? constructive suggestions are welcomed, bitching... not.

Cheers
jorge

·
Registered
803 Posts
jorge its already in progess I can email you or else you can wait 2-3 days (I have been offline with the flu since Sun)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
>jorge its already in progess I can email you or else you can
>wait 2-3 days (I have been offline with the flu since Sun)

Pat,

Happy to hear that (not that you have the flu :+ but that the new forum is in the works)

Cheers
Jorge

1 - 4 of 4 Posts