Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to rally and picked up an open light Impreza wagon a couple of months ago. The car has been used for stage rallies up here in the pacific northwest. I plan on doing the same once I've fixed it up a bit. Curious as to spring rates and sway bars others are running for this type of terrain.

-Adam

·
Registered
661 Posts
No swaybars. Get some good entry level suspension such as the JVAB (JVL) or All Wheels Driven. The softer valving on the JVABs is probably better suited. Other than that JVL can get you setup with a decent spring rate.

·
Registered
244 Posts
JVAB and Streetwise are probably the best clubman options right now. All the pictures I have seen of the All Wheels Driven stuff have the front of the car jacked up and a saggy butt, it looks liek they do or used to use the same length inserts for the front and rear which you really can't get away with on an impreza. Pretty sure most setups run 250-275lbs Front and 200-250 rear. For sway bars people run small to nothing depending on what you like.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I'd use a small front sway . I'm running with JVABs , smallest front sway subaru makes (was on the impreza base 2wd, or impreza L)
275#s front
200# rear

-1.5 Front
-1 Rear

Zero toe

I think my ride height is really close to stock just a smidgen higher . (depending on tire size and roughness of your events that may work well for you)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Figure out what you like. I personally like to run without swaybars. On my legacy the rear gets too skittish with one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts