Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know whether it was the fact that its the Last SCCA Pro Rally or if everyone just wants to run in Houghton, but so far there are 72 teams entered counting both Pro and Club...good turnout for this one.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Im worried about the whole get back at 2-3am and waking up at 8am for a really early exposex(

·
Registered
342 Posts
>Im worried about the whole get back at 2-3am and waking up
>at 8am for a really early exposex(

Don't worry, clubs end a little bit earlier I think. And besides, if there was one thing in the world that could get you out of bed wouldn't it be rally?!

Oh yeah- 72 teams, dang. Thats lots eh.

·
Registered
379 Posts
yeah, jay said club doesnt do the very last stage, but still, wihtout sleep i cant function my best.

i liked ojibwe where we didnt have to get there till noon}> (even though we were late)

·
C.m.f.S.
1,268 Posts
Let the Red Bull flow. I'll definately need some being most likely to be last car on the road :)

[hr]
[a href="http://myweb.nmu.edu/~cseidel"]Die Fliegen Legion[/a]

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Yeah I totally about crapped myself when I heard about the timber trespass up at the mine. Looks like that ##### paper company will have to give my crew a raise for cutting their ##### wood now.

##### between the price of diesel fuel and stumpage these days and throw in the ##### DOT always inspecting my log trailer I am going to have to haul double just to break even.

Hey Rollin' Education say hi to your wife and my kids HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

oops, wrong forum. I thought this was www.loggersandtruckerschat.com

·
Registered
285 Posts
Wimps....... We could always go back to the days of driving back to Houghton Saturday moring, with the sun starting to rise knowing that you had to be back in the car by 10:00am.

Ahhhhh, the memories..... :7

Bill Westrick
Showing my age here.... :p

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
At 100AW we were up until 5:30am fixing the car after our incident on Friday and I had to be at scrutineering by 7am. Definitely contributed to our dead last finish. The important part is we finished. My recommendation is to not break anything so you don't have to stay up late fixing it. Once your in the car the fatigue is forgotten. Good luck everybody!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
So between the 72 teams at LSPR and the 35 teams at the Mt. Hood/Hood River ClubRallies in Oregon over 100 teams will be competing in Rally in the US this weekend.

Simon

·
Lake Superior Region
106 Posts
First of all, don't think it's the last of this rally, just the last SCCA sanctioning of this rally.

Second of all, LSPR '03 had 70 teams, so it must be the draw of the oldest, toughest, meanest....and the great north woods.

Third, the weather is due to be outstanding again this year. Sunshine all day Thursday, rain on Friday with a low in the low to mid 40's, and dry for Saturday with a high of 60 all three days! Like I said, "Let sleeping Finns lie".

See you all Thursday! RallyOn!

Sue

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>Third, the weather is due to be outstanding again this year.
>Sunshine all day Thursday, rain on Friday with a low in the
>low to mid 40's, and dry for Saturday with a high of 60 all
>three days! Like I said, "Let sleeping Finns lie".

Are you going to guarantee that? I can deal with a mucky Friday if we get to do Saturday in the sun (or at least, the semi-dry)...

Adrian

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
I cant believe we wont be making it 73 teams...
:(

Plus, you all get to run Delaware THREE TIMES? Man, how F-in cool is THAT?

Jake, you were right, I am goin wacky not being able to race this year... (really, ask my wife)...

Houghton ROCKS. My fav rally. I imagine it's ALOT of peoples fav. I gotta wait another YEAR to race there. Consider yourselves lucky to be there. :)

As you all are pulling in to Quincy at 10am, I will be pullin into my driveway with the WRX(finally). About 2 weeks too late...

Good luck all! Keep em outta da trees!
:)

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

·
Registered
44 Posts
>Wimps....... We could always go back to the days of driving
>back to Houghton Saturday moring, with the sun starting to
>rise knowing that you had to be back in the car by 10:00am.
>
Didn't we run back from Escanaba on Sat AM in the old days?
Showing my poor memory.
I believe I slept through most of those transits.

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
Or 213 cars the last run thru Delware!

Or 142 the 2nd run thru Gratiot or Burma.

Be thankful yer not running Thayer with all this rain...

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

·
Lake Superior Region
106 Posts
Mia Culpa - Mia Culpa - Mia Culpa. I repeated what I thought to be accurate (weatherchannel) information. I promise not to be so quick to believe. Just don't wake that sleeping Finn!

OK, so Carl the Boniak (local beloved weatherman...sort of) changed his mind this morning. Thurs and Fri are rain, Sat is iffy. The good news is the temps are to be into the mid to upper 50's if not 60 by Sat.

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
>Or 213 cars the last run thru Delware!
>
>Or 142 the 2nd run thru Gratiot or Burma.
>
>Be thankful yer not running Thayer with all this rain...
>
>JC
>#595
>www.gnimotorsports.com

No lie! You'd need to have those huge narrow tires to get through those sippi holes! :)

Ben

Edit: PS-- I really wish I could be there this year. LSPOR is one of my absolute favorite events, and it was the site of my first national rally and also my only national podium finish.

·
Left seat and not British!
785 Posts
And if you were a Control Crew, you went from the last conrol Friday to teh first Saturday!

Kim DeMotte
Official Old Fart, etc.

·
Marketing through Motorsports
1,385 Posts
Ben's Great Achievement

>Edit: PS-- I really wish I could be there this year. LSPOR
>is one of my absolute favorite events, and it was the site
>of my first national rally and also my only national podium
>finish.

... and you earned your wings in the Brockway Air Force like you were an SR-71 ...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts