Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was last spring break. i went to see my sister in school in York.
it was my first time to the UK and i had 9 days of fun.
the first two where lingering around York @ sites and stuff.
i had a plan all layed out to take a train up to Newcastle and rent a car. then drive to a Scottish borders rally event. the morning of the third day we got on a train that left @ 11:30 and went up to Newcastle. on arrival we made a few connections and got the airport. the rally didn't start till the morning so we got a car and a hotel there. tomorrow we were going to a real rally.
the car i was rented was a ford KA. it was the first time to drive on the right. that was fun for the first couple of round'a'bouts. the KA had some good handling.
the next morning we were off to the border. i wanted to get on some back roads to get a good feel for the KA. the rally was starting soon so i took the fastest routes. the back roads will be on the agenda later.
We arrived about an hour before the first car was off. after buying our race maps for spectatin and paying a small fee we drove up the the first spectating area. i am seeing orange marking triangles all round and other rally fans and am getting super spiked. it was all i could do not to start breaking loose the KA!
we got to the parking area that lead to the first spot. my sister and i walked about a mile to the first area.
it looked sorda lame so we saw people walking on up the road. we had like 30 more minutes so we walked another mile to a cool wiggle that went into the trees.
first area we were at, far off in this pic, the cars came from the left from a fast strait into the left that lead strait at us up this road thru a chicane around in front of us into the trees.
the rally clear car acme trough, so there we wait for the first car.
pop, paapck, off in the distance you start to hear it coming. i look at the list and see it is a focus WRC car. oooo,yeh. the sound it makes i have been waiting for this whole trip all the way from Texas to the Scottish forest for this moment. it crests the rise into the first spectator area. people start to cheer, airs horns sound! it whips around the slow left in first and is headed right at us!
crack pop, brAAA, crack 2nd! grAAAAA, pop third, mrrAAAAAAA, ching, 4th, mrWWAAAA, pop, 5th. yahAAAAAAA, 6th.
oOoOoO yeh. 6 speed tranny.

thanks for reading, alex

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
great story,........

lol, yeh i thought so. that is why i posted it.
i think no one cares to read it though. o well.
the pics came up? yeh. i like the sequence of the
wrc focus. uhu, me too. it was the best thing seeing that
thing coming at you! wow, i am glad i was there to see that,
yeh, me too!:+ x( :p :'( :-(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts