Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you get an air intake restrictor? If I have to have one made what is the best shape? My turbo is a T3T4. I need 34mm x3mm
-Thanks for any info

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, but for $250, I think I will have a custom one built locally. Any other places to get it?

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
>Thanks for the info, but for $250, I think I will have a
>custom one built locally. Any other places to get it?

If something like this one,
[http://www.jvab.f4.ca/Turborestrictor1.jpg]

which obviously meets the rules as written, and perversely as they SHOULD be written (this is FIA spec with the narrow groove at the narrowest place) if they are going to make the checking of the max diameter an easy, quick job,
and if a price of somewhere less than half of Hulls price (is that _really_ what was quoted????)then you might want to drop me a note.
But to make a realy nice job of the transition from restrictor to the exsisting compressor housing, you will 100% need to send the whole turbo.

PS See how close 50mm is to the housing compared with the photo which was in the other post?

John Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

·
Registered
479 Posts
Nice setup! Is that an XR4ti or a Volvo? Either way, nice job. Are you running an internal wastegate T3 footprint? If so, that's awesome. Nice restrictor design-although not as nice as a Toyota Groupe A restrictor.

Aaron

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
>Nice setup! Is that an XR4ti or a Volvo? Either way, nice
>job. Are you running an internal wastegate T3 footprint?
>If so, that's awesome. Nice restrictor design-although not
>as nice as a Toyota Groupe A restrictor.
>
>Aaron
Aaron this is a standard 4x4 Cosworth Garrett T3 with a .48 A/R turbine housing. It's on Skye "BC Boy" Poier's Ford OHC 2300, although if you look in the archives you'll see a photo of Kevin "the Chin" Hawkinson's 240 Volvo with a 2wd Cossie unit, same exhaust housing.
The outlet is 64mm which is 40% more area than any other T3 I know of and those bolts make fixing of the 3" exhaust right up to the turbo a snap, this WAS intended to be on a rally car after all.
Here is a piccie
[http://www.jvab.f4.ca/Cossieturbo64mm.jpg]

John Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts